No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that was it. Although again Banner made clear you can’t change the past so, in theory, they couldn’t have brought them back once that time had passed unless it was in a new reality. But that’s only going by the time travel system rules - the films never explain what the time stone can do and it seems likely that it works a different way.

Comment

So were those people actually technically dead or just floating around in the quantum realm?

Maybe the stones don't actually have the power to kill anyone or have them cease to exist, only to sweep them under the rug, so to speak.

Comment

Polygon ranks the MCU...

22 - Iron Man 2
        21 - The Incredible Hulk
        20 - Thor
        19 - Avengers: Infinity War
        18 - Thor: The Dark World
        17 - Doctor Strange
        16 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
        15 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
        14 - Ant Man
        13 - Captain America: Civil War
        12 - Ant Man and the Wasp
        11 - Captain Marvel
        10 - Iron Man 3
        09 - The Avengers
        08 - Iron Man
        07 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
        06 - Guardians of the Galaxy
        05 - Thor: Ragnarok
        04 - Avengers: Endgame
        03 - Spider Man: Homecoming
        02 - Black Panther
        01 - Captain America: The First Avenger

I'll always appreciate the first Cap getting good dues but as a list this is such a bad take.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          So were those people actually technically dead or just floating around in the quantum realm?

Maybe the stones don't actually have the power to kill anyone or have them cease to exist, only to sweep them under the rug, so to speak.
          They didn’t go into it but there wasn’t anything to suggest the quantum realm was involved. Feels like they were dead but, because it was done through the stones, the stones could undo it.

Comment

WHY DO PEOPLE HATE IRON MAN 2?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

I think pretty much all the iron man films are ham strung by pepper pots she spends most of the second two films trying to stop him being iron man and is a really badly released character. Shes like some sort of hen pecking nagging wife, it doesn't help that the actress that plays her is a modern day snake oil salesman.

He keeps blowing up all his suits time and time again and none of it seems to have any significance, he just keeps building new ones. Id put iron man 2 and 3 dead last in a list of avenger films right next to the dark world and the Incredible hulk.

Comment

So I finally got round to seeing this. I'm a bit late to the party but I really enjoyed it. Its a long film but it didn't feel long at all, it moved at a good pace and had room for all the characters. I am left with some niggling questions though. I'm not sure if they have been asked here before:

1. In infinity war thanos needs to have a special gauntlet forged to contain the power of the stones. But in this film Iron man can just use a modified glove. How?

2. Steve Rodgers is tasked with returning the stones from whenst they came. How is he expected to do this alone? One of the stones was hiding inside Jane in Asgard, how is he meant to return this without being noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  1. In infinity war thanos needs to have a special gauntlet forged to contain the power of the stones. But in this film Iron man can just use a modified glove. How?
                  Because Tony Stark.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  2. One of the stones was hiding inside Jane in Asgard, how is he meant to return this?
                  Boom chikka wow wow.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Boom chikka wow wow.
                    Can’t wait to see that deleted scene!

Comment

Finally.

I’m in this bastard thread.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        Finally.

I’m in this bastard thread.
                        Fave moments?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Gwyneth Iron Lady is one of the most crease up things ive seen, we've got this giant army but you know what we need one more person....pepper can you get a baby sitter?
                          You've never heard of Rescue?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Personally, Iron Man 2 was A-OK with me the very moment I saw this scene.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Fave moments?
                              All 182 mins. It was an excellent end to a fantastic run. Not without fault, but about as good as my most optimistic side had hoped.

The wow moment was when the portals opened behind Cap.

Captain Marvel smashing through that cruiser was spectacular too.

Comment

The time travel concept seems to provide a headache in some cases, but I can see why they did it.

It’s better to say that nothing can be altered, than something.

Because if something can be altered, then anything can be altered.

You’d have people saying that as soon as Thanos filled the gauntlet, he could utilise it to appear twenty years ago, before anyone knew his plan, and do the 50/50 click then. Unchallenged and avoiding all future hassles. But if he changed the future of his past self, then he wouldn’t have ended up with the gauntlet to be able to do that. It’s a paradox.

Nope, best say it’s linear and that stuff can’t be changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X