Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh thank God!!

Just finished seeing it.

Finally, I can browse the interweb without fear again.

Quick question. Who was the teenage boy during the funeral? The camera pans past Ronin and his family and then there's a random boy on his own before Maria Hill and Nick Fury.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Last edited by teddymeow; 01-05-2019, 22:03.

Comment

What's with the metal clanging at the end of the credits?

Comment

THAT’S TONY MAKING THE IRON MAN MK1, SON.

I’ve been wondering something: how come blitzing half of all life(and bringing it all back) didn’t cause any environmental trouble? Maybe it’s just not something worth considering but I’d think half of all the bees suddenly disappearing would mean less pollination of flowers, for example.

Comment

Could Steve, having lived his life with Peggy, not gone and got some more Pym particles somewhere in his timeline and then jumped back to our Endgame timeline, to tell Falcon he was the next righteous dood in line for the shield?

Also, the biggest plot-hole in Endgame and NOBODY is talking about it, is this: Thanos, Gamora, Nebula, Drax, Thanos' other "children", etc. are all from distant planets in far off galaxies, right? So how come they all speak English? I mean, if we suspend disbelief for that, how come so many nerds are getting their knickers in a twist about the mechanics of time travel!

Comment

Babel fish must be a thing in the MCU.

Comment

Earth was lucky in a way. Every other world in existence had half its population die without any known cause then five years later return... and they'll never know why or how. Think of the paranoia and constant terror that would cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Earth was lucky in a way. Every other world in existence had half its population die without any known cause then five years later return... and they'll never know why or how. Think of the paranoia and constant terror that would cause.
                That's what Captain Marvel was doing - printing and handing out pamphlets.

Comment

So Cap America came back without the hammer

Comment

If you listen REALLY carefully, you can hear Sam say "Whoa Cap, is that a hammer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      So Cap America came back without the hammer
                      Yes, he returned the hammer as well, not just the stones.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It's a small thing but, with Infinity War and Endgame, I did wonder about the development of Thor in Ragnarok. It's a jokey movie but it did give him some development and part of that was realising that he is not dependent on that hammer ("are you the god of hammers?"). But then Infinity War gave him a big axe and he robbed his hammer in Endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          It's a small thing but, with Infinity War and Endgame, I did wonder about the development of Thor in Ragnarok. It's a jokey movie but it did give him some development and part of that was realising that he is not dependent on that hammer ("are you the god of hammers?"). But then Infinity War gave him a big axe and he robbed his hammer in Endgame.
                          Slight tangent but people were asking after the movie, about how Cap was able to wield the lightning just because he has the hammer, when Thor is the god of lightning.

The writers apparently pointed out that when Mjolnir is charmed by Odin in the first Thor, he says that "whoever lifts this hammer, should he be worthy, shall wield the power of Thor", or words to that effect. So by lifting Mjolnir, Cap gets Thor's powers.

Comment

Good to see Audi continuing to push for consumer spend. Those survivors gotta drive something!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Slight tangent but people were asking after the movie, about how Cap was able to wield the lightning just because he has the hammer, when Thor is the god of lightning.

The writers apparently pointed out that when Mjolnir is charmed by Odin in the first Thor, he says that "whoever lifts this hammer, should he be worthy, shall wield the power of Thor", or words to that effect. So by lifting Mjolnir, Cap gets Thor's powers.
                              Ah yes, that's right. It's an interesting point, in terms of reconciling that with Ragnarok and whether the hammer is required or what happens if loads of people are worthy - do they all get the power of Thor together?

Comment

Turns out I was right! Russo bros say:
                                “It’s not a time loop. Both Ancient One and Hulk were right. You can’t change the future by simply going back to the past. But it’s possible to create a different alternate future. It’s not a butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.”
                                From: https://www.lowyat.net/2019/185140/r...oles-endgame//

Comment

Working...
                                X