John Wick: Chapter Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I thought 3 was a bit pap, but this looks highly watchable.

Comment

I agree Charles 3 was a bit ****e. But this one......DONNIE EFFING YEN

Comment

Comment

John Wick: Chapter Four's runtime is 2hrs 49m

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Well, you can't have 3 hours of shoot outs, and all the stuff between the shoot outs in Wick are the weaker parts. So I'm not sure this film will be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Well, you can't have 3 hours of shoot outs, and all the stuff between the shoot outs in Wick are the weaker parts. So I'm not sure this film will be the best.
                  So you've decided that this film will be poor because you've seen the runtime? Okay...

New trailer out later today. I'll dodge it as I'm definitely seeing the film, but thought others might want to catch it.

Also, some new posters have dropped and the biggest shock is Scott Adkins!
                  He was going to be in Part 3, but he was filming either Ip Man or Doctor Strange, but he's finally made it alongside the other big names like Donnie Yen.

However, it looks like Adkins wanted to play something a bit different and he's going for a man-mountain look like The Kingpin:

He normally looks like this!

You can see the rest of the gallery here:

However, here's Donnie Yen:

Comment

I'm at the point in life were I think ALL films are ****e until I watch them. Trailers and hype have bitten me in the ass too many times.
                    3 hours of John Wick might sound good, but Keanu isn't the best actor and do you really give a **** about the chit chat in these films? It's not exactly a ripping yarn. 3 hours of pure action isnt possible, the audience need time to breathe. And that breathing space, in a 3 hour film better be good.

Comment

I'm at the point in life were I think ALL films are ****e until I watch them. Trailers and hype have bitten me in the ass too many times.
                      Now this I can get behind!

3 hours of John Wick might sound good, but Keanu isn't the best actor and do you really give a **** about the chit chat in these films? It's not exactly a ripping yarn. 3 hours of pure action isn't possible, the audience need time to breathe. And that breathing space, in a 3 hour film better be good.
                      I totally get your logic, it just seems a bit pessimistic.

I'm trying to be more positive and look at it that they've got a lot of story to tell and it's not just a montage of fight scenes.
                      They're not rushing through the plot to get to another boss fight, they're giving it some context.
                      Then, when the action comes, it's telling a story too, not just a boxing match.

They've got some great action stars in this - not just stuntmen, so you should at least give them a chance to act and flesh out their characters.

Comment

Some of that added runtime will totally be going on setting up the TV series and the spin-off film

Comment

I'm still annoyed that 3 had three tremendous martial artists in Mark Dacascos, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman, yet their fights with JW are budget tier garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                            I'm still annoyed that 3 had three tremendous martial artists in Mark Dacascos, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman, yet their fights with JW are budget tier garbage.
                            I really liked the way they worked in their respect for Wick. Zero actually gushing like a fangirl was a great moment.
                            The other two kinda knew they could demolish him, but made it fair.

You're right though, it's a good fight, but not top-tier.
                            I probably enjoyed the earlier fight in the room full of antique weapons, which managed to be funny, thrilling and gory.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I really liked the way they worked in their respect for Wick. Zero actually gushing like a fangirl was a great moment.
                              The other two kinda knew they could demolish him, but made it fair.

You're right though, it's a good fight, but not top-tier.
                              I probably enjoyed the earlier fight in the room full of antique weapons, which managed to be funny, thrilling and gory.
                              I loved how he spent ages making that old S&W gun work and then fires only one booming shot.

Comment

I've mentioned it before, but John Wick 3 has some amazing blending of real actors and CGI effects.

Comment

Working...
                                X