No announcement yet.

John Wick: Chapter Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in a move I would say screams confidence, the critics early screenings are taking place a whole month before opening weekend. And from what's being said this film could be one of the best action movies ever made.
    Its said that its dialed back the lore and just gone for a basic bad guys vs John approach. It's 3 hours zip by and it is one action scene after another with only short pauses (which I'm shocked by).
    Im very interested.

Comment

My friend who saw it at the premiere also says it's very good but prefers the spectacle of 3, but 4 has some amazing action sequences.

I think you know what you're going to get by this point.
      You're either onboard with Keanu Reeves killing people in imaginative ways for 3 hours or you can't stand the thought of watching Keanu Reeves killing people in imaginative ways for three hours.

Me? I can't wait!

Comment

I'm really intrigued by the response this has had.

My partner is a John Wick megafan so I'll be watching it regardless but I'm hoping to enjoy this one more than the third.

Comment

Going to make a trip to the cinema for this bad boy. Fingers crossed it is better than 3.

Comment

Watched this last night. Lots of new combat ideas which is good, but endless scenes using the old ideas too. This should have been an hour shorter. Visually lovely in places. Overall though I was bored.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Watched this last night. Lots of new combat ideas which is good, but endless scenes using the old ideas too. This should have been an hour shorter. Visually lovely in places. Overall though I was bored.
              Same here. I ended up downloading an Italian BluRay rip since it won't be released in Japan until September.
              Glad I did download it as I found it just dragged on way too long. Many of the battles could have been so much shorter as well.

Comment

The end sequence in front of the Sacre Coeur was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  The end sequence in front of the Sacre Coeur was cool.
                  Very true but again, the part leading up to that was longer than it needed to be.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. *shrug*

Comment

Fights excellent, everything else very poor.

Comment

QC reading these views

Comment

This was shot really really well, the colours and lighting are absolutely legit. The filmmaker needs to learn that sometimes, less is more. Some of the action sequences are amazing BUT their impact drops away when they are about 10 times too long. You could chop an hour at least from this and you'd have a more exciting and dynamic movie. At least they cut down the lore bull**** to a bare minimum but it was still a bit silly. It's funny the whole time I was watching I was thinking where are the snipers? Willem Dafoe had him in number one, if supposedly there are all of these pro assassins out there, who know where he is why the hell aren't they on top of a building somewhere? I don't these things seriously at all but I expect some sort of believability that fits into the world they built. The bullet proof suit stuff was pretty cool but overdone. I'm glad they let Donnie run with being Donnie, what a legend. And the best bit, they

didn't kill the beautiful Belgian Malinois

Comment

Working...
                          X