Favourite movie of 2010-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite movie of 2010-2019

It's been an interesting decade for movies. If you had to pick...

1 movie as your favourite - doesn't have to be the best. Doesn't even have to be conventionally "good". It just has to be a movie you feel you've loved the most since seeing it.

.. which film would you pick, and why?

Interstellar, for me. Despite its flaws, I just found the whole concept of transitioning from small-scale earthbound concerns to wormholes, black holes and exoplanets mind-blowing - like that old (Disney?) cartoon which zoomed out from atoms to people to the universe as a whole. And I’ve not seen another movie that expresses so well the weird truths of space-time (particularly time dilation) and how alien they are on a human scale.

Comment

Lost in Translation.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Lost in Translation.
        Did I miss a joke? Is there some reference in that movie that it takes place in 2012, or something? I haven't seen it since it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Did I miss a joke? Is there some reference in that movie that it takes place in 2012, or something? I haven't seen it since it came out.
          Yep, it's a time travel movie. For some reason I thought it was 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Yep, it's a time travel movie. For some reason I thought it was 2009.
            I seriously just thought I'd missed something.

On a related topic though, I do this all the time - think something happened in the last 10 years, but it was actually the previous 10.

Comment

Minions.

Comment

This is a bit like when someone asks what your favourite movie ever is, it's too hard to answer because some films are too hard to compare yet you like them all so I always duck out of answering...

Comment

Someone needs to tell me what films I have seen over the last decade. I can tell you right away what my most-watched movie is: Tron Legacy. But is it my favourite? I have no idea. I can't remember what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I can tell you right away what my most-watched movie is: Tron Legacy.
                    Oooooh... Keep an eye out for my post in the most disliked movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I can tell you right away what my most-watched movie is: Tron Legacy..

Well I was gonna say Zodiac, but apparently that was 2007.

Honestly, I really liked Shoplifters. It was pretty recent so I guess it's fresh in my mind, but I'd say that's one of my favourite films released in the last decade, at least.

Comment

Thread fail.

You're no Neon Ignition, Asura.
                        You should've listed 95% of the notable films of the decade in a poll so we can vote for our faves and moan about the ones you've missed!

Joking aside, I'll have to have a think as that's a lot of films!

Comment

Star Wars: Rouge One

Comment

Haha true I can only remember recent movies

Ford vs ferrari le mans 66
                            Just loved it and I'm not a petrol head whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              Ford vs ferrari le mans 66
                              Just loved it and I'm not a petrol head whatsoever
                              You've just reminded me that I really liked Rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X