The 30 Day Movie Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 25 - Rear Window
    My other candidates for this I have used in other categories (E.T. and Groundhog Day). Rear Window is great fun. Thrilling, romantic, feel-good, cutting-edge ... if I were to make a list of all the reasons I'd sit down and watch a film, this might be the one that ticks most boxes. Watched it with my boys, they loved it, watched it with my wife, it's now one of her favourites. Jimmy Stewart is class, Grace Kelly stunning, the jazzy score is ace and the set, wow, the set is the most incredible soundstage ever created in my opinion ... that Greenwich Village courtyard in the height of summer with all those lives going on

Day 26 - Memento
    Such a melancholy twist, in an already twisty-turny plot. Genius.

Day 27 - Rutger Hauer's "time to die" line in Blade Runner
    Goosebumps every time.

Comment

Rear Window is a great shout!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Rear Window is a great shout!
        It was a toss-up between that and 12 Angry Men but the Hitch fanboy won out

Struggling on Day 28 a bit ... maybe a musical or something???

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Struggling on Day 28 a bit ... maybe a musical or something???
          It's okay, you have until tomorrow to decide!

Comment

Day 25:

Probably Jurassic Park. Its got something for everyone. Need to find someone who's not seen it first.

Day 26:

The Sixth Sense.

Day 27:

I could probably pick any Clint Eastwood movie. He always gets the best lines.
            Magnum force?

Comment

Day 28 - Rocky
              The whole series really, sports is dull and films about sports are just as much so but Rocky is the Boss!

Comment

Day 25's movie for everyone, I could have said The Wrong Trousers, which is just a delight.

Day 28 - A movie from a genre you don't usually like

Possibly a musical? Can I say Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Is that musical enough to be a musical or just a film with songs?

Comment

Day 28:

I don't really like musicals but I do like Pitch Perfect. It's a film that I really shouldnt like at all on paper, but I do.

Comment

Day 28 - Ghost

Not sure what genre it is officially but I’m not normally a fan of sentimental rom-com love stories ... but I think Ghost is always really watchable.

Comment

Day 29 - Ghostbusters Afterlife
                      If it was already out and I wanted to really see it I would have by now, hence the most anticipated of the films yet to release.

Comment

Nearly there!

Day 29 - A film you want to see but haven't yet.

Like Neon, there are films I'm looking forward to like Tenet and Bill & Ted Face The Music, but films that I want to watch include Solaris, Sexy Beast, Vertigo, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Thirteen Day, JFK, Enchanted and loads more.

I guess if there's one film, I'll choose Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood as I always enjoy a QT flick and this sounds like a real blast.

Into the Spider-Verse was one I hadn't seen as I was holding out for the 3D version (thanks [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]!).
                        Well worth the wait, it was tremendous as a film and a 3D experience.

Comment

Day 29 - Lost Highway

Much as I love David Lynch I've just never got around to seeing this one.

Comment

Day 30 - your go to Pick-me-up movie
                            Possibly Matrix Reloaded.

BONUS DAY! 31 - What's your next film to watch?
                            Got a few lined up on Prime/Netflix, but I think I want something in space or a mystery - Blue Ruin is supposed to be good.

Comment

Day 30 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
                              Sooo good.

Bonus Day
                              Likely something from 1976, we play it by ear but if we start doing it alphabetically then it will be All the President's Men

Comment

Well done, gang, and thank you to everyone who chipped in!

Comment

Working...
                                X