No announcement yet.

The Fast and Furious Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose once you've gone from stealing VCR's to sending Ludacris to space...

Comment

The Suicide Squad's Ratcatcher 2 actress Daniela Melchoir has joined Fast and Furious 10

"Squad" Star Melchior Joins "Fast 10" - Dark Horizons

Comment

“Captain Marvel” actress Brie Larson has joined the “Fast & Furious” family at Universal Pictures. Franchise star and producer Vin Diesel, who plays Dominic Toretto in the movies, appeared on Instagram on Saturday to share a photo of himself with Oscar winner Larson as both get chummy and smile. In the caption, Diesel: “What you […]

Brie Larson has joined The Fast and the Furious 10

Comment

Vin Diesel has unveiled “Fast X” as the title for the first half of the tenth and final chapter in the “Fast and Furious” franchise. Diesel also captioned the photo with ‘Day One’, confirming production has started on the new installment which is being directed and produced by longtime franchise helmer Justin Lin who also […]

Following such cinematic giants as Jason X, the tenth Fast and Furious has been given its official US name which is now Fast X

It's a mildly interesting move because it will be followed by one more film which may yet be called Fast XI.

The UK name typically follows a more standard approach so is likely going to remain either Fast and Furious 10 or Fast and Furious 10: Part One

Comment

Filmmaker Justin Lin has abruptly announced that he will no longer direct “Fast X,” the tentth installment in the “Fast and the Furious” franchise at Universal Pictures. Lin shared the news on Instagram, posting a statement that says: “With the support of Universal, I have made the difficult decision to step back as director of […]

Though continuing as a Producer, Justin Lin has dropped out of directing the Fast and Furious 10 project. Creative differences is the reason cited, notable considering Lin has led five of the nine entries and is responsible for its current high. I feel there's a story involving Vin Diesel coming down the line...

Comment

Yep, sounds like exactly that. Lin has been so tied to the series that they know “creative differences”, while common on so many other movies, is a pretty big bombshell for F&F.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting.

He did 3, 5 and 6, which are probably the best.

But he also did 9, which was probably the worst.

Still, him stepping down from that role does seem like it's going to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  But he also did 9, which was probably the worst.
                  Yep. Although he has been involved in so many and such a core part of it all that I can’t imagine these creative differences came out of nowhere so it’s possible that 9 happened while being pulled in different directions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Yep, sounds like exactly that. Lin has been so tied to the series that they know “creative differences”, while common on so many other movies, is a pretty big bombshell for F&F.
                    Particularly when Lin was involved in the conception of Fast 10, its production, direction planning and even co-wrote it which really raises doubts about the differences claim

Comment

I can imagine Fast 9 involved him being pulled by the studio and Vin, plus it was him coming in and having to deal with plot from Fast 7 and 8. Personally, Fast 8 was hugely worse than Fast 9. Fast 8 is the only entry that feels a bit of a chore to sit through

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Fast 8 is the only entry that feels a bit of a chore to sit through
                        You think so? I enjoyed it. Saw it at the cinema. Though retrospectively I don't remember much apart from the submarine.

Comment

Yep, all the stuff with Theron dragged it down as just like in Fast 9, she's billed as the franchises overarching villain but spends all her time stood in a room with a monitor. There's a lack of threat so the film relies on the whole Bad Dom storyline which it fails to sell from the second it begins, I never understood why Fast 9's prequel sequences grated on some as by comparison as a plot they were much better.

Fast 8 is also where the franchise just decided to simply surrender and plunge itself deeply back into using CG in nearly every frame, it sucked the life out so many moments as the quality wasn't there. Much like the hijacked smart cars sequence in the city, there's no weight to it at all but it still aims to be OTT. Films can pull that excessive CGness off if the character play is fun enough (pretty much entirely how Hobbs and Shaw got by) but Fast 8 lacks that too. I felt that a fair bit of Fast 9's worst plot moments were it trying to course correct Fast 8

Comment

“The Transporter,” “The Incredible Hulk” and “Now You See Me” helmer Louis Leterrier has emerged as the top choice to take over the tenth “Fast and Furious” movie following director Justin Lin’s abrupt departure last week – just days into filming. Details still need to be worked out but if it comes together, the film […]

The Transporter and The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier is said to be the frontrunner to take over the two finale films

Comment

The tittle-tattle is that Justin Lin has quit because he can't get on with Vin Diesel.

Comment

Very damning of Vin Diesel if true considering how many entries Lin has done already

Comment

Working...
                                X