Streets of Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streets of Rage

Sega is riding high at the box office having scored two hit Sonic films in a row and as they work on plans with Paramount to expand that franchise quickly it was also inevitable that they would look at the rest of their IP's, in a way that they rarely do with their software releases, to see what else could be adapted and...

Streets of Rage
    "I'm thinking I'm back"

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Sega is riding high at the box office having scored two hit Sonic films in a row and as they work on plans with Paramount to expand that franchise quickly it was also inevitable that they would look at the rest of their IP's, in a way that they rarely do with their software releases, to see what else could be adapted and...

Streets of Rage
    "I'm thinking I'm back"
    No, just no! They would have been far better going with Golden Axe. Imagine a quality fantasy barbarian flick made in the modern times! That would be awesome. By the way, watch Conan the Berberian for the first time ever last week. Man, that was bad.

Comment

I'm not sure a Streets of Rage movie works in the modern-day.

I mean, a bunch of pissed off cops who go rogue one night and start beating people up until they've defeated the crime in the city? Bad optics in the 2020s.

And if you wanted a Streets of Rage movie, films like The Warriors already exist.

Conceptually the games are very thin; I just can't picture a way that this ends up both (1) good and (2) like the games.

Comment

Get the people behind The Raid movies in. Cast some top tier martial artists. Job done.

Comment

Lionsgate Snags The "Streets of Rage" Film - Dark Horizons
          Lionsgate will be making Streets of Rage from a script written by the creator of John Wick, also writer of Nobody - Derek Kolstad

Comment

You've got to care about the characters and why they're beating people up, but I can totally get behind a gritty trek across the city on the trail of the punks who wronged them.

100% needs to have amazing fight scenes, though. No shakycam.
            There are some really good choreographers out there now, so there's no excuse.

Comment

To make it distinct I'd embrace the late 80's/early 90's vibe too

Comment

I'd be down for it.
                Needs to riff on the early 90s 'Street' movies.

Also... Rocket launcher out of a sunroof

Comment

Bruce Campbell as Mr X.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Bruce Campbell as Mr X.
                    He looks like Mr. X at times in Ash Vs the Evil Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X