Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

(searched for Dungeons, searched for Thieves, neither of them came upon page-1 of the search so if there's a thread, we need to fix the search function)

Anyone going to see this?

Annoyingly, I have a friend visiting on the weekend of the 7th of April, 1 week after it comes out, who is a huge fan and very excited for it - and practically nowhere has it on. Like we'd have to traipse to some small theater in London. 1 week. So I don't know what we're going to do.

The Mario film comes out the following week and the two big Cineworlds near me are showing that film to the exclusion of all others.

It's been getting some brilliant feedback.
    Our D&D group are going to go as an outing to see it!

I think there are some celeb players in the background, like Tom Morello from RATM is in a crowd scene.

Look at these guys who appear in the background in one bit of the trailer:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That was sort-of the plan for us, too. But I can't believe I can't book tickets a mere 7 days after it comes out!

Comment

There's a weird staggered opening where they've done one where you can see an advance showing and they've exclusively done a subtitled release:

Maybe that's why it's not bookable yet?

Comment

There's a weird staggered opening where they've done one where you can see an advance showing and they've exclusively done a subtitled release:

Maybe that's why it's not bookable yet?
          At our locals, I can book it on the 31st, 1st, 2nd... Up to the Thursday of that week. After that, the cinema booking page is just dozens and dozens of showings of Mario for each following day.

Comment

I think that's your answer. They're pretty sure Mario is going to fill loads of screens, but D&D is an unknown quantity.

I agree that it's crappy you can't just book a seat though.

Comment

For most cinemas it will be late Tuesday/Early Wednesday when full listings go up. There will be initial advance times now but they'll add more in the next 24hrs or so.

I had little to no interest, it's solely the strong feedback that has me looking at it. Can't go wrong this month, found out last night that they're doing showings of Superman: The Movie and Aliens as well this month

Comment

The trailers make it look like a huge amount of fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

I think there are some celeb players in the background, like Tom Morello from RATM is in a crowd scene.

Look at these guys who appear in the background in one bit of the trailer:

Oh wow, it's based upon the cartoon? If it wasn't for that shot I never would have known. Now you've got my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Oh wow, it's based upon the cartoon? If it wasn't for that shot I never would have known. Now you've got my interest.
                    No, it's not based on the cartoon, sorry if I misled you.

It's its own story, but there are loads of Easter eggs in the trailer that fans of D&D over the years will appreciate, like gelatinous cubes, owl bears, a Critical Role reference and this nod to the D&D cartoon.
                    They're literally just in the background and I think there's a shot of them later.

I think it's going to be like Ready Player One, but for D&D as you spot all the spells, skills and references to the game.

Comment

No, it's not based on the cartoon, sorry if I misled you.

It's its own story, but there are loads of Easter eggs in the trailer that fans of D&D over the years will appreciate, like gelatinous cubes, owl bears, a Critical Role reference and this nod to the D&D cartoon.
                      They're literally just in the background and I think there's a shot of them later.

I think it's going to be like Ready Player One, but for D&D as you spot all the spells, skills and references to the game.
                      Oh bummer . Oh well. Still, maybe a good watch for Easter egg hunting. I'm not a massive D&D fan but I had dabbled in it quite a bit during my teenaged years.

Comment

I don't think you need to be a massive D&D fan, it's going to be an adventure set in that universe.

You might know that the barbarian is using the "Tavern Brawler" feat to utilise whatever weapons are to hand, but you don't need to know that, just enjoy watching her beat up some guards using a loose paving slab, whilst the rogue refuses to get his hands dirty!

I think it's going to be a really fun couple of hours in the cinema with plenty of spectacle and laughs.

Comment

It's great! Go see it!

Comment

It's great! Go see it!
                            I noticed this is showing in selected cinemas here in Japan now! May check it out on Saturday if my mate is up for it. Great way to kill time while waiting for our favourite bar to open.
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 06-04-2023, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              I noticed this is showing in selected cinemas here in Japan now! May check it out on Saturday if my mate is up for it. Great way to kill time while waiting for our favourite bar to open.
                              It's great fun. We were chuckling throughout as there are some great lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X