X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood Hot Wheels: Round 25

WELCOME TO:

HOLLYWOOD HOT WHEELS: ROUND 25

Mixing the categories up on our journey through the history of the industries most recognisable vehicles covering all manners of iconic designs from film, tv and gaming, their history and what you think of them.

Each round will see three vehicles lined up for the showcase. Unlike the voting conducted in the other threads, here things are more cutthroat.

You each can only vote for a single design in each round, casting the other two to the scrapheap of Hollywood history.
    Make your choice then tell us why you like or don't like each vehicle and why you voted for the one you did.

VEHICLE 73 - Rolls Royce 20 Park Ward Landaulette

The family car used in The Darling Buds of May, this Rolls Royce was seen across all three series of the show produced in the 1990's and was the recognisable manner in which the family got around. Two years ago the car went up for auction where it was sold for £63,000.

Your Darling Favourite?

VEHICLE 74 - Batmobile '22

Last years Batman movie tooka back to basics approach to designing the Batmobile. The rear thruster returned along with the black bodywork but otherwise the car is a much more grounded and real world design than fans have seen on screen in a long time. Shown to be highly durable, the car is owned by the studio and will presumably return in the upcoming sequel.

Have Batmobile Designs Gone on Long Enough to Become the Villain?

VEHICLE 75 - Shelby Mustang GT500

The headline car from Nicolas Cage's Gone in Sixty Seconds. Nicknamed Eleanor, the car is the same model used in the 1974 original but with a more powerful engine fitted and overhauled exterior. Eleven of the cars were made for the 2000 version of the film, two were destroyed as part of filming whilst only three were fully functional road cars and on occasion some have gone to auction bringing in close to around $1m per car.

If You Had $1m Would It Be Gone in Sixty Seconds on This?

Which is the ultimate Hollywood Hot Wheel?
    Rolls Royce 20 Park Ward Landaulette
    40.00%
    Batmobile '22
    20.00%
    Shelby Mustang GT500
    40.00%

Hmm, not a fan of any of them, especially the Batmobile. I'll go with the Rolls Royce simply because it's British

Comment

I've still not seen Gone but something still keeps me not fully clicking with this most recent Batmobile so I'd pick the Mustang

Comment

Batmobile.
        I think the Mustang is pretty pedestrian.

Comment

Working...
        X