No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if anyones interested but just some prior knowledge that the Leeds Hyde Park Picture House is doing an anime special with Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Spirited Away being shown on the Fri + Sat at the end of September and the beginning of October.

I really cant wait to see Spirited Away with a large group of people and just see their reaction afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
      WannabeFansubs just released ep23 Currently downloading it now. I didn't bother dling any other versions so I've been waiting ages to see a WF sub of episode 23. Hopefully they'll release the last few episodes a little bit quicker. Having said that I'll happily wait for their releases just as long as they intend to finish SR.
      comparing WF to Mr.A subs there almost word for word, the only thing WF have over it is those Informartion popdown boxes they have, but then there not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
        comparing WF to Mr.A subs there almost word for word, the only thing WF have over it is those Informartion popdown boxes they have, but then there not needed.
        I might check out those subs then. tbh though I'm pretty happy to wait for WFs. I like to wherever possible have a bit of continuity in the subs I download, so if possible I like to get a series done by the same group. Plus the fact is I'm watching so much other stuff that it hasn't been so bad waiting for SR IMO.

Comment

Caught up with Speed Grapher 9-15(still got 16/17 watch) I can?t remember why I left it alone for so long but its still enjoyable(although ep15?s Boss of the week sucked ass but the reunion afterwards between Saiga and the girl is good), I also like the new opening animation and new ending (wish I could get some of that art as windows background, especially the one where Kagara looking over Saiga who?s doing that picture frame with his hands).

Not much else worth mentioning, Eyeshield21 last couple of eps has been quite boring, Naruto filler is terrible but not as bad as it could have been, Suzuka trots along nicely. And for some reason I?ve be downloading Daphne in the deep blue, that I started downloading subs for years ago before they stopped them around ep8, and in the last week the newsgroups have had 9-12 posted from dvd rips, its still quite rubbish but for some reason I keep watching just to see if the main lead actually does anything useful(her agency outfit is perhaps the least practical combat suit ever, consisting of a bra and thong) and the main plot seems to have finally surfaced around ep11?

Comment

Caught up with Speed Grapher 9-15(still got 16/17 watch) I can?t remember why I left it alone for so long but its still enjoyable(although ep15?s Boss of the week sucked ass but the reunion afterwards between Saiga and the girl is good), I also like the new opening animation and new ending (wish I could get some of that art as windows background, especially the one where Kagara looking over Saiga who?s doing that picture frame with his hands).

Not much else worth mentioning, Eyeshield21 last couple of eps has been quite boring,
            I didn't like Speed Grapher ep16, it's basically a recap episode with a few moments in the beginning, middle and end of the show that are new. One moment in ep16(you'll probably know when you see 'em both) does tie in nicely with ep17 which gives the backstory on Suitengu and a pretty good one it is at that. I thought ep17 was definitely the better of the two episodes.

As for eyeshield I thought it was pretty good these last few episodes. I mean there wasn't a lot of American Football being played but there were still a lot of LOL moments throughout. The comedy in the series is one of the main attractions for me. It really breaks up the action nicely and on occasion is strong enough to make an episode entertaining for me. The only episode I can remember that I didn't think was too good was the first one I think, apart from that it's been all hits for me.

Comment

Just seen Suzuka 9 and it's getting kind of weird. Yamato seems to be turning into some kind of stalker, it's cringeworthy at times. Just let it go, ease up a bit FFS! Suzuka get's even more bitchy in this episode, which I didn't think was possible after the last one. I don't even think Yamato has done much wrong to get the kind of reaction he did in this ep. It'll be interesting to see what's going on with Suzuka and that Kazuki guy.

On another note finally got round to watch GSD 31 and Shinn is acting like a right twat now, really full of himself, I wish Athrun had just floored him. Please tell me he gets humbled by someone in the coming episodes. I'm not sure if he's supposed to be the "hero" character in this series but IMO he's just not as likeable as Kira was in GS. Still at least it is something a little different. Really getting back into it now. I take it the series has almost finished airing right? Is it going to be 50 eps like Gundam Seed?

Comment

Sad news is he continues to act like a total prat, i won't say if gets taken down or not put i really dislike the bastard for all the things he's gonna be going between 31-current 44.

Comment

I watched Shinsen sub of anime/ps2 game one off OVA, Mars of destruction, hmmm I never, ever seen such a useless, limp wrist?d Heroic Anti-monster team ever. No only can they not take down the slowest zombie things they have the inability to dodge the most telegraphed Laser eye beam attack ever, let alone save any of the poor hapless soles caught between them and the monsters. And they safe the best for last a Super Suited Luminous Blue Hero who?s fighting spirit is so low he attacks by getting punched in the face while lamely swinging he sword. And his effort against the boss is to get his arm broken and lye on the floor sobbing, letting nearly every one die and firing a plasma cannon the chick with the glasses was hiding as a trump card?.

Comment

Great thread Tobal!

Only just stumbled across it now (Johnny come lately I know).

I'm currently working my way through Bleach, and finishing off the mammoth that is Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm slightly worried that after Fullmetal a lot of anime will suffer by comparison...

Comment

FMA is very good watch, even if the ending is a let down (left open for the movies and the final fight is rubbish). Not afraid to let high profile characters bite the dust and the story always keeps you routed waiting for the next episode.

I enjoy Bleach a lot, my only problem with it is the lack of death, I?m not talking about wanting gory deaths all the time, I just don?t feel the there ever in any danger and that somehow every character will live so im never on the edge of my seat, hoping a 2nd characters going live through a tough battle.

They could have easily cut a bit of dead weight from the now huge list of characters to keep the danger levels up.

Comment

I watched Shinsen sub of anime/ps2 game one off OVA, Mars of destruction, hmmm I never, ever seen such a useless, limp wrist?d Heroic Anti-monster team ever. No only can they not take down the slowest zombie things they have the inability to dodge the most telegraphed Laser eye beam attack ever, let alone save any of the poor hapless soles caught between them and the monsters. And they safe the best for last a Super Suited Luminous Blue Hero who?s fighting spirit is so low he attacks by getting punched in the face while lamely swinging he sword. And his effort against the boss is to get his arm broken and lye on the floor sobbing, letting nearly every one die and firing a plasma cannon the chick with the glasses was hiding as a trump card?.

Yup, I could not believe how amateurish that ova looked. Nearly brought tears to my eyes while i was watching it. Well, at least it's over \o/

Comment

After watching FMA, all anime will suffer by comparison. In fact, everything, including life itself, suffers in comparison! A sickeningly brilliant anime with layers of depth that were in no way t be expected for a 6pm Saturday evening prime time jobby. Its the Japanese equivalent of BIG BREAK ffs!

Comment

FMA is very good watch, even if the ending is a let down (left open for the movies and the final fight is rubbish). Not afraid to let high profile characters bite the dust and the story always keeps you routed waiting for the next episode.
                            Indeed! If there is never any peril, it goes back to He-Man. The day I realised that he was going to win in every show changed my life forever!

Originally posted by saif
                            After watching FMA, all anime will suffer by comparison. In fact, everything, including life itself, suffers in comparison! A sickeningly brilliant anime with layers of depth that were in no way t be expected for a 6pm Saturday evening prime time jobby. Its the Japanese equivalent of BIG BREAK ffs!
                            Hmm, now i'm torn, should I draw out the last few episodes to make it last longer or tear them off quick like a plaster? Oh the decisions.

On a seperate note, I forgot that when you quote someone who used spoler tags in their message, you can see it quite clearly in the edit box, must watch that one in future!

Comment

Only 2 more eps of GitS:SAC 2nd gig to go after ep24 which was very good, lots of action and a new twist providing a new danger element coming into play which shuld raise the tenson for the last 2 eps.

Also finally watched Royal Space Force (remastered 16:9) what a great film, reminded me of the insane amounts of kickass animation old Disney films had, and had characters and story to match it. Loved every minute of it specially the subtle humour, just wish the ending had abit more to it, instead of rough still drawings of the landing.

Comment

After reading your thoughts on Mars of Destruction, I was intrigued at how terrible it could possibly be. Oh. My. God. That was quite possibly every sci-fi and action anime clich? and stereotype rolled into a 19 minute package. Wouldn't have been so bad if it was at least entertaining, but it wasn't! It was like a bankrupt man's Zaion - I Wish You Were Here with the suits and aliens. Deleted it straight away after I'd finished watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X