No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet to watch Suzuka ep 10, still downloading... finished watching Eureka7, nice episode, but not much happens. FMP2 , it's kinder heart wrenching to watch those to being driven apart, specially when it seems Chidori needs Sosuke around (watching her get more and more scared was pretty tense).

Now for the next new shows coming in October/November for the final quater of the year, taken from many forums.

Gun Buster2 ep4(oct 28th) - i'm really, really looking forward to this one, i hope my fanboy dreams of what i expect to turn up on Mars aren't dashed

Mai-Otome - 'sequel' to Mai-Hime set in the same universe and that's about it. Don't expect the original cast to show up.

Jigoku Shoujo - not sure what this is, so far all the message boards have pointed out its gonna pretty Super creepy Lain or boogiepop style with internet twist

Gunparade Orchestra - Woo more Gunparade, i like G:March, hope this will be more of the same.

Black Lagoon - Super Gun-Action, features pirates and Nazi's

Angel Heart - Super Assassin gets new heart after attempted suicide, has strange dreams and sets off to find out about her heart donor, seems to be based inthe same universe as City Hunter (if any one can remember that 8) )

Black Cat - never read manga, people say its average, got that King of bandit Jing vibe which i like.

Blood+ - tv series of the vampire movie, never seen it susppose to be good.

Kashimashi - boy with broken heart, runs away, gets caught up in alien spaceship crash, becomes a girl...

Noein - one to watch, same people at Eureka7 animation, story and the characters look top, alternate dimension wars, and time traveling.

Cluster Edge - another interesting new one. Fantasy world + airplane revolution, art looks stunning. heres hoping it turns out better than the similar Last Exile

Mushishi - Seems to be about a strange creature living with humans from its veiwpoint.. darkhorse anime out of no-where like Speed Grapher?? Could be.

Immortal Grand Prix - CG mecha stuff similar to B.Tenshi ART, hopefully not as bad.

Idaten Jump - Bike racing... well Yukitake can make bread interesting...

Capeta - car racing.. expect Initial D style stuff i guess

Hotori-Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau - another crazy far out story. Robots with personalities and memories of dead people planted in them. Robot meets a Human girl losing her memory, while Robot is makign new ones. Script won award, could be a real good sob story.

Aria - future half sunken cities, girl from the getto's trains inthe labyrinths of canel through one city with dreams of owning her own Boat. Looks good from the art.

Solty Rei GONZO's new animation, robto girl bounter hunter, who doesn't know she a robot to start with... i hope it's FMP good.

and the Million harem shows
    Heart2 (sequel)
    Canvas2 (sequel)
    Lamune (another H-game_
    Nanoha (more magic girl really)
    Happy7 (no idea)
    Shakugan no Shana (loser meets girl, get powers)
    Last edited by Tobal; 13-09-2005, 22:11.

Comment

There's definitely a few that I'm interested in. I'll definitely give them all a go at some point. Noein seems the most interesting so far, but it's been licensed by Media Factory already or something, so decent subs will be hard to come by I reckon. Cluster Edge art does look nice as you say and I do like my fantasy settings so this could be a winner. There's also Galaxy Railways 2 that I'm looking forward to but I don't know when that airs, I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago. Really liked the original so I'm looking forward to it immensely.

I found this to be a really useful site. It's got the fall anime listed along with who is subbing and who has licensed the respective anime.

Comment

Quite a few series that I'm interested in.

The Blakc Cat manga is quite good IMO. Has some beautiful art that's nice and crisp like the Negima manga. More so I'd say.

Comment

Anyone got any recomendations for a series along the lines of bobobo-bobobobo?
          I find most anime hard to get in to tbh, unless it's funny, loved bobobo...

cheers!
          Last edited by disckobox; 14-09-2005, 08:16.

Comment

Not many Inanse comedies around outside Bobobo which is pretty much one of kind(i find it be not that funny just plenty strange and lots of WTF! moments), the only funny stuff of recent is Ichigo Mashimaro and Honey'n'Clover.

Comment

Mai-Otome actually will feature some recurring cast, though as cameos more than anything, and with different names and personalities. I believe Natsuki and Shiho have already been confirmed to be making appearances.

Had no idea Gunparade March would be getting a sequel! Hopefully it'll carry on where the last one finished, since it was just getting interesting at that point...

Blood+ is set to replace Destiny's slot on TV, arguably the most sought after anime slot in Japan. It has a lot to live up to, and I'm looking forward to it. The Blood OAV needed something like this years ago, glad to see it finally coming out.

There's a show called Paradise Kiss which is due to replace Honey & Clover once that finishes. Similar art style and it's from JC Staff if I recall. It's about a group of people who start a fashion label.

The second season of Rozen Maiden is also gonna debut in October, can't wait for this. The first season really hit all the right buttons for me but I was dying for some proper closure to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by disckobox
                Anyone got any recomendations for a series along the lines of bobobo-bobobobo?
                I find most anime hard to get in to tbh, unless it's funny, loved bobobo...

cheers!
                I found the following to be really funny: School Rumble, Yakitate Japan, 2x2=Shinobuden, FMP:fumoffu, Keroro Gunsou and Azumanga Daioh.

Most of the shows I watch tend to have some comedy elements to them. Some recent shows have been pretty good as well with regards to comedy such as Pani Poni Dash which is quite wacky(so it might be similar to bobobo). There's also Ichigo Mashimaro which has been really good in the few episodes I've seen. Shuffle has it's moments as well. MaR has been quite good with the comedy as well IMO. There's also Eyeshield 21 which IMO has some nice comedy scenes.

Overall I'd say 2x2=Shinobuden and Pani Poni Dash are probably most like bobobo, which from what I've heard is supposed to have some crazy humour and stuff(I've not seen bobobo myself).

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
                  humour and stuff(I've not seen bobobo myself).

Then you have no idea

Comment

Bobobo is about as far out and random insane happenings happen for usually no reason at all anime.

My fav moments

Bobobo Tank
                    Group Dating with the Badguy Boss girlfriend (Rugby style)
                    Anything Donpachi (think dragonballs Vegeta face plastered onto an orange round thing, and total nuts)

I think there?s a pic of the Bobobo tank Sauron posted a while back, in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                      Bobobo is about as far out and random insane happenings happen for usually no reason at all anime.

My fav moments

Bobobo Tank
                      Group Dating with the Badguy Boss girlfriend (Rugby style)
                      Anything Donpachi (think dragonballs Vegeta face plastered onto an orange round thing, and total nuts)

I think there?s a pic of the Bobobo tank Sauron posted a while back, in the thread.
                      Well that does sound a little bit like Shinobuden though I suppose Shinobuden is more a parody of other series'. Although, yeah I probably don't have any idea what would be like Bobobo as newmiyamoto said.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Blood+, if it's in the same spirit as he original movie (even thought the story is entirely new) I think I'm in for a treat!

Comment

just watched the first 3 episodes of peto-peto today, and happy to report that its excellent.

a similar idea to shuffle, with various mythological creatures all attending high school with humans....but nowhere near as pervy as that show. it much sweeter, and much better for it imo.
                          great credits music at begining and end too.

i watched quite a lot of good shows today actually. got caught up with bleach after forgeting to download it last week, full metal panic was pretty cool, and a nice double episode of yakitate japan.

(plus of course the second to last episode of densha otoko, even though its not anime, i'll assume everybody with good taste has been watching it )

Comment

For anyone who's seen the latest subbed episode of Da Capo SS,

the girl on the swing with the long hair is the cat eared maid from the first season isn't she? I'm not 100% certain since I seem to remember her changing back into a cat at the end...

Comment

finally watched the final fantasy movie today. decided to wait till somebody i recognised subbed it, so i went for shinsen's version.

got to say i was very impressed by the whole thing. i really didnt expect it to be so action packed, but i guess it was all the better for it.
                              so great seeing all those locations, characters and even particular moves again...but what really got me most was the music. brought back so many great memories.
                              i guess a fair portion of it will be lost to people who didnt play through the game.
                              ...but still....pretty pictures, bike chases and sword fights....cant complain.
                              plus tifa is a hottie.

Comment

im still downloading Shinsen sub, only been doing 8k/sec at best, im in for few days on this torrent.

Comment

Working...
                                X