No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend any new shows to try out? All I'm watching at the moment is Death Note and (still) Ergo Proxy. I have Sci-Fi Harry sitting on my HD to watch too.

With Ergo Proxy being in 720p I'm keen to find fansubs in HD too. I see Shinsen are doing a show called Moonlight Mile in HD which I'll grab soon. Is there anything else I should be looking at?

I tend to like comedies, particularly oldies like Urusei Yatsura, Orange Road, and Maison Ikkoku, and the usual sci-fi, fantasy and supernatural type stuff. Not so keen on mech shows though. Is there anything out there with a nice thoughtful story, like Monster?

Comment

New seasons only just starting so there not much to go on other than last seasons anime which is ending. Out of that i would say Death Note, Code Geass(Mecha in it, but its not the focus) and Red Garden. Other highlights

Manabi Straight - school girl comedy (im sure there's are HD sub out there)

Nodame Cantabile - Anime Keep do a HD sub, music college/uni - slice of life comedy, much like Honey'n'clover.

5 Centimeters per second story 1 - no HD sub yet, but the avi is just to beautiful to not watch.

As for the new shows, so far.

Moonlight Mile - watched episode 1, seems like a macho version of PlanetES with what seems will be a built up to a War for the moon's resources.

Nanoha StrikerS - not watched, 3rd season for Nanoha(again not watched) interested to see what all the fuse it about.

Comment

Yeah, as mentioned a few posts earlier, if you like light-hearted comedy and classical music, Nodame Cantabile is the show for you.

Comment

Nodame Cantabile is excellent. I watched the last of Ouran Host Club last night, that was a great show.

Comment

A definite co-sign on Nodame, just brilliant throughout as lighthearted comedy.

Will be interesting to see if any shows stand out from the new seasons starting.

Comment

Another new show

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann ep1 - Gainax's new show, so i expected FLCL/Gunbuster2 art style and budget and it doesn't disappoint. Seems to be a super robot show with original looking mecha, great characters. The episode is a lot of fun and could be quite epic if its to go 26ep's.

next up Heroic Age (and Busou Renkin last episode!!)

Comment

The episode was ace I thought. Like you said hotblooded mecha show, lots of over the top shouting etc... and just generally very fun. The animation was nice too. I'm not sure that it'll have the same budget and level of animation/epicness as Gunbuster 2, though I'd be happy to be proved wrong on that one. A keeper for me, and worth checking out the first episode of to see if it floats your boat. Just hope they keep this up.

Also watched Claymore ep 1 which provides a stark contrast to the mood of Gurren lagann with its darker colour palette and overall darker, more serious tone. Fair bit of gore, animation/art was ok IMO, loved the ED song and with eclipse subbing it'll be out regularly. The first episode whilst slow was a nice introductory episode and did enough to hook me for the time being. Based on a manga which is at something like volume 11 now so plenty of material to work with and manga readers say it really hots up later on. I'd add the first episode didn't have quite the same impact on me as Gurren Lagann's but it wasn't crap either.

If things keep up, this spring season could match, maybe even surpass, last year's although at the moment there's nothing that's surprised me as much as Haruhi did last year.

Heroic age, Touka Gettan and one or two raws for me to check out next.
                Last edited by Zapp$ter; 04-04-2007, 18:42.

Comment

Heroic Age - wow! its got that desparate last hope feeling Fafnir had(Art is almost the same, so if your use to the way G.SEED/Fafnir is drawn you'll like this). You can feel if will be an epic universe sized war with 4 races going toe to toe, loved the intro describing an almost Geek God style mythos with a Sci-fi twist, felt a bit Gunbuster1'ish(again with GB!!) when humankind brought out the technology weapons.

2 great looking Giant Robot shows, never thought i'd say that.

Claymore been subbed yet or you watching a RAW? im interested in it being a Berserk with women.

Comment

I watched it subbed by Eclipse so we should be looking at weekly releases of it .

edit:

LOL. Someone watch Touka Gettan episode 1 (subbed by Serin) and tell me if you can make any sense of what happened. They seemed to jump all over the place in that episode and by the end of it I was left scratching my head. Might be due to the late time I watched it at so I just want to know if someone can explain wtf was going on.
                    Last edited by Zapp$ter; 04-04-2007, 23:30.

Comment

episode 25 of Death Note = 0_0

Comment

Aaah all this new anime! Glad i've got a half day

Comment

Hayate out now to, so much to download!

Busou Renkin ep26 - Felt like a pretty stupid rescue, but then i don't mind so much being the series has been fast placed and alot of fun to watch. Contenders for the best bit of the episode....

is either Papillon face turn(complete with crowd cheering) or the comic book style ending with Kazuki wanting to touch that scar , which also gave us as veiw the Gas Alchemy person who turn out to be a cute girl

Comment

Bushou Renkin ep 26 - meh, agree with Tobal

Death Note 25 - Banzai, already knew it was going to happen eventually though as my Housemate read the Manga and spoiled it

Heroic Age - uwah, that gave me goosebumps. Looking forward to more of this
                            Last edited by Orgun; 05-04-2007, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                              New seasons only just starting so there not much to go on other than last seasons anime which is ending. Out of that i would say Death Note, Code Geass(Mecha in it, but its not the focus) and Red Garden. Other highlights

Manabi Straight - school girl comedy (im sure there's are HD sub out there)

Nodame Cantabile - Anime Keep do a HD sub, music college/uni - slice of life comedy, much like Honey'n'clover.

5 Centimeters per second story 1 - no HD sub yet, but the avi is just to beautiful to not watch.

As for the new shows, so far.

Moonlight Mile - watched episode 1, seems like a macho version of PlanetES with what seems will be a built up to a War for the moon's resources.

Nanoha StrikerS - not watched, 3rd season for Nanoha(again not watched) interested to see what all the fuse it about.
                              I watched 5 Centimeters per Second tonight. I knew immediately it was a Makoto Shinkai production, that guy makes by far the most beautiful backgrounds in all of anime. Such amazing use of colour and contrast. Truly stunning. Lovely story too, really touching. I think it's his best work to date, as although Beneath the Clouds looked amazing I thought the story really lost it's way after the half way point, and Voices of a Distant star showed it's low budget a little too much. This was a more complete work from a visual and story standpoint, better rounded. Beautifully observed too, so many nice touches.

I'm a little confused what's happening with the other parts though. I've read it will be a 3 part series, and yet have also read that a movie of it has just opened... Confusing stuff.

I watched Death Note 25 tonight too. Wow, what an episode. Some surprising man on man action followed by a shocking finale. Does anyone know how many episodes are left?

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun View Post
                                Death Note 25 - Banzai, already knew it was going to happen eventually though as my Housemate read the Manga and spoiled it
                                shock. i really didnt think it would happen....well not so quickly anyway.
                                i have no clue where this is headed now, top stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                                X