New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame Alchemist!

Class episode , Now Ai****eru ze Baby ep 13.

Comment

No one has commented on Guu being licensed. You all better not have skipped over it when it was released. Or I'll kill you all.

Comment

Guu past me by, along with Intial D, the chess and boxing anime and PoT/Shamen King to name a few series i never bothered getting.

Choke it up to my lazyness to download them

Comment

Finally got around to watching the last 2 episodes of Crno Crusade, man what a downer. Average at best, most of the story was so,so but then i like Heaven Vs Hell with Humans inthe crossfire stories, and the final fight was up to much (very quick)

SPOILERS--

Shame as the final part of the story was quite good, Aion gets whats coming to him and Rossette and Crno died in each other arms from her using the last of her life and his injurys from the fight, which was actually quite touching unlike Satella's death, and the last Aposle becoming Rossete like for the next era was , though it does seem like the bad guy's won in the end, we got the second Prophecy(WW2) and the 3rd Prophecy(pope assination,although that did fail), and alot of people nowerdays have lost faith in GOD, therfore destroying Heaven? well thats i read into it.

Comment

Well it seems that there are a few new shows on the horizon now. I'm quite looking forward to Otogizoushi. The RAW has only just come out, so I hope that a group will pick it up soon. From the vague info I've seen, it's about an archer in Heian-era Japan. The colours in the screencaps all look quite dark, and reminiscent of Mirage of Blaze somewhat. So are their any other new series that we should know about? I do hate missing out.

Btw Dache, what was Guu about? I seem to have missed that one too.

Comment

Right now the only new'ish shows i've picked up are Kyou Kara Maou, got the 1st epsiode today to see what its about (i know its not new as 10 odd eps are out anyway, but it seems interesting fromthe screencaps i've seen) and KURAU Phantom Memory (brilliant 1st episode) Ayu have done the 2nd ep last week whichi taken off he newsgroups so i'll watch that tonight and hope its not another MezzoDSA

as for outlook from what i know of.

Girls Bravo - good'ole harem anime, many girls, one always beat up man. no idea of the quality

DearS - Chobit's but less annoying and cute from what i've read about the manga.

Fafnir - must watch for me, Scryed character design + Mecha = ace

Comment

Kyou Kara Maou is very bishi, infact its totally pretty boy stuff for the girls, lots of gay characters, princes, shirt ripping and all boy's loving baseball. Although the dinner scene was quite funny with the slap and picking up the knife.

Comment

Yes, Kyou Kara Maou is Shonen ai-style bishi fan service at its best. I'm a big fan of this series; it has a very fun, light hearted humour, coupled with quite a dark plot line. My only gripe is that it's (supposedly) only 13 episodes long. There is some very famous voice talent here too, it features the excellent Mitsuki Saiga (as Wolfram), who recently seems to crop up in most of my favourite shows.

I'm also enjoying Tenjo Tenge right now. It had quite an excellent opening episode, but then the plot seemed to wander (along with the overall animation quality), but now after the bowling alley incident, and the current flashback arc it?s really picked up. It's quite reminiscent of Getbackers at times, although still not quite as good.

Comment

ahh, getbackers. Now that's an anime thats know how to do fillers . GIVE US SEASON 2 GODDAMMIT.

TT been enjoyable, but my main problem with it is, the fighting as been quite crap so far. Short,short fights with little going on other than Shouting out move names while the better fighters charge their Ki attacks(well until the bowling alley happened but still, its no Air master), hopefully this will change as Nagi gets better, shame Aya is really f'n annoying and that bit where Mitsuomi knocks her out is Cringe worthly.
                    Last edited by Tobal; 09-07-2004, 16:58.

Comment

Is the Airmaster series worth 'getting', as I've heard you go on about it for a while now? Oh, and FMA is utterly fantastic, thanks for that. Always a sucker for anything big, stompy and with a heart.

Comment

Just caught the first episode of Girls Bravo, not bad at all for harem anime. And it features Ayako Kawasumi (Mahoro from Mahoromatic, Natsumi from Initial D, Hikari from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai etc) as the voice actress for one of the girls, Miharu. Doesn't stray too far from the tried and tested formula which isn't a bad thing.

One show I'm looking forward to is Fafner In The Azure. Lookings like Evangelion meets RahXephon with Gundam SEED character designs. Has some cracking music too from the preview trailer I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                          Is the Airmaster series worth 'getting', as I've heard you go on about it for a while now? Oh, and FMA is utterly fantastic, thanks for that. Always a sucker for anything big, stompy and with a heart.
                          Very enjoyable fighting series about nothing more than beating the crap out each other to be strongest(well there's more to it later on), cue nasty fighting scene's where Maki aka 'Airmaster' continues in the sport of street fighting, using her gymastic skill to control her jumps and spins for counters, kicks and stealing moves of other fighters , along the way you get to meet other fighters, that will come and go through out the series either to fight Maki or fight each other, with Sakiyama whacked out Ego being one off the best. But for all the kickass characters there's Maki's friends that are an Aya level of annoyingness and Mina's large tit's 'humor' is very unfunny, also the art for the characters would be called ugly by some, but by me 'different' to the norm , the animation is top notch and the music is good also.

I have ep's 1-12 i think on cdr's that's going on to dvd with the rest of the series on my Hdd so u can have them if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                            ahh, getbackers. Now that's an anime thats know how to do fillers . GIVE US SEASON 2 GODDAMMIT.
                            I agree, I think if there's one series I would like to see resurrected it's this. There was so much more to cover in the plot too, Although a full prequel would be nice. It would give us a chance to see just how badass Raitei actually was, and more of Ban's shady past (giving plenty of screen time to Yamato and fuudo too)

I've just read that Gonzo have launched the website for an updated of "The Count of Monte Cristo" the series is called Gankutsuou and looks quite interesting. I'll have to go and find out what the plot for the original story was all about.

I'm really behind on Fullmetal alchemist now, so I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers. Glad to hear that it?s still good though. BTW if you want to look just like Ed, it would seem you can now buy your own Automail. I hope they do a full size Al next

Bah! It would seem Otogizoushi is licensed already. With the amount that this is occurring these days, maybe it will mean more groups will reconsider their ethics.

Comment

Anyone seen Madlax? I downloaded 1-14 and must say it is very good.

Another mention must go to scrapped princess. One of the best anime I've seen. Too bad it was only 24 episodes. Must see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                                I have ep's 1-12 i think on cdr's that's going on to dvd with the rest of the series on my Hdd so u can have them if you want
                                Gah, the man is too generous . No thanks, I can get me a decent link to Airmaster (which is why I asked if it was any good). I may also have a look into Scrapped Princess, as Razz has peaked my interest. On the other hand, I still haven't seen all the FMA you've sent me, and I bet I'll be easily distracted by something else...

Ooooh, shiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X