No announcement yet.

Prince of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the accent is pretty good, TBH. I'm glad they've gone with British accents for this. I was afraid that we'd have the usual American wise-cracking.

Comment

Looks OK to me. Now all I need is a Clash of the Titans trailer.
      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Doesn't the trailer give most of it away? He definitely gets the girl!

Comment

I have to admit I didn't actually notice his accent... though that woman is painfully annoying! She has one of those slow, mind-numbing tones that only serves to lower the overall tone of the film. Aside that it looks like a bit of harmless fun :-)
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Like the heroine in the game then.

Comment

Looks better now I've seen the HD version (duh), visually great and could make for a great popcorn movie though the acting looks way below par.

Thought I was watching a trailer for Assassin's Creed at the start too!

Comment

Let's call it HQ please. It's not HD*. This matters. Wanders off to irk thread.

*Well, not really. It's 1280x500 at 700kbs. Perhaps HigherthanotheroneD
                Last edited by charlesr; 03-11-2009, 17:19.

Comment

Hmm actually looks half decent, and thank god thieve got english accents, i think whats left of my soul would of died if he prince was made into a slackjawed yank.

Comment

Attended the world premiere of this tonight and, to my surprise, I actually really enjoyed it. The story/events take elements from pretty much all the Prince of Persia games and they are combined together to create a highly enjoyable movie. Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

Couldnt agree more... enjoyable stuff

Comment

I thought it was naff. Yet another 2/5 blockbuster this summer

Direction was awful, acting poor all round, CG laughable, script crap. Had a few moments, but really, where was the fun? This film needed Fun in the Raiders mould

Comment

I didn't mind it, it's not the greatest film but most of the films I've seen of late were worse than this and whilst it's light on action it's easy going and the end payoff was decent. It might have worked better as a more action driven film with the Sands operating as they did in the games (possessing people) rather than it being The Persian Fugitive

Comment

Wow. I would never had placed money at the beginning of the year of a film based on a computer game would top Clash of the Titans and A Ridley Scott movie but Prince of Persia delivers.

It's not an annoyingly historically accurate film set just before the story takes place like Robin Hood, and it delivers in both action and character portrayal (for an action movie) unlike Titans. In this I actually cared about the characters.

This is no brilliant film or anything, nowhere near Iron Man 2 but compared to a lot of recent blockbusters; this was good.

Comment

I enjoyed PoP as well - Ben Kingsley's Pantomime villain was awesome, although it reminded me a bit of his woeful performance of the Hood from the Thunderbirds movie, minus the embarrassing kung-fu action.

The story was a little patchy in places though, didn't realize Jordan Mechner was responsible for it until the credit roll however.

Comment

I was sorely disappointed by this, I just felt that it barely contained any of the atmosphere that made the Sands of Time and even the following games so wonderful.

When I think of Prince of Persia I think of Arabian Nights and a swashbuckling adventure. Imagery like this

But it appears that the people making this film forgot to actually PLAY THE GAME! but were too busy playing their complimentary copies of Assassins Creed. As it looked like this.

I didn't even spot a single nod to the games new or old

besides my geeky game loving outrage I actually felt the film was quite badly made, there was some rubbish CG and compositing that you don't see in many films nowadays, let alone a Disney Summer blockbuster! There was some of the worst editing I've seen in a long time too and the over use of motion effects/slowmo.

one of the worst bit of non action editing was the bit that went

"The evil assasins are one of my people, the guardians, courrpted and poisoned, this is how he knew of the dagger!"

scene change

"However will we get to the temple, my uncle has finally dug out the tunnels with the help of his courrupted guardians and is on his way to the temple, there just isn't time!"

"It's ok prince, the guardians built secret passageways that only they knew off, but despite them revealing all of their secrets to your uncle, they have failed to remember there is one right here" *opens secret door*

Comment

Working...
                                X