Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also set up your seller preferences so that ebay will automatically block bidders who aren't in countries you ship to, don't have a Paypal account, have feedback of -1 or less etc.

Comment

Ive been scammed SELLING STUFF.

People claiming via paypal that they havent received their stuff really pisses me off. When I've clearly sent it, of course!

I'm not saying theyve necessarily received it of course, just saying that the system is flawed and should maybe work on a 'likelihood' system - ie, check feedback, value of goods etc.

Comment

i was dealing with the same guy that Nakano is still in dispute with

the goliath that is Seany managed to get my game sent to me and the fact he lives right beside my Communications training military establishment and i kinda said that if it wasnt sent to me the next time i was in the Fareham area i would pay him a visit and collect it in Person

Myself and my Field gun mates

but always happy to push a turd through his letterbox for you Simon when i'm down there

Comment

This the guy with the bargain Neo games?

Comment

Yes. The bloke who answered the door when I went round there looked like a ****ing crackhead. Simon - keep pestering him on email, and if you get no joy then I will go back round there. You have my number.

Yours,

The Enforcer

Comment

I managed to get ripped off here for an N64 and SNES with games for ?50 in total. NemesisX, what a nice guy (Paul Gatfield is his name). Still don't have the stuff or my money.

Comment

i've still got a case pending at the moment where i've still to get full payment

but i'm hoping he is genuine

Comment

Yeah, this does worry me a bit, I've already had to cancel bids on some of my 14 current auctions from obvious scam bidders. Just what you have to put up with; I know that at least 2 or 3 of those auctions (of music and studio kit) will end up being scamtastic, but there's not a lot you can do -- unless you specifically state conditions on your auction for bidders to meet, which I've done. The obligatory NO SCAMMERS line as the first thing in your auction, along with threats of bid cancellation if anyone like that bids, does tend to put them off too; they tend to just go after easier pickings.

Edit: I also find that specifying pickup or personal delivery only, as well as restricting bids to within the UK via Preferences, helps massively. Specially the first bit, which really helps to put off the 'it didn't get sent' scammers.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                    Yes. The bloke who answered the door when I went round there looked like a ****ing crackhead. Simon - keep pestering him on email, and if you get no joy then I will go back round there. You have my number.

Yours,

The Enforcer
                    I'll keep messaging him through the ebay dispute and see what happens. Although he said he'll send it soon, I don't believe him one bit, as if he could send Jason's game out, then he could've sent mine as well. I told him I'll give him one week, as most of you probably agree thats plentiful, but he hasn't replied. At least I probably have most of the evidence needed to get him through the police or small claims court. I'll definitely get him even if I have to spend some money through the courts to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk
                      Ive been scammed SELLING STUFF.

People claiming via paypal that they havent received their stuff really pisses me off. When I've clearly sent it, of course!

I'm not saying theyve necessarily received it of course, just saying that the system is flawed and should maybe work on a 'likelihood' system - ie, check feedback, value of goods etc.
                      Yeah I've had someone report their item as having not arrived and had paypal payment blocked 24 hours after the auction ended o_O

I only send stuff on ebay via recorded as that way there is proof that the item was both posted and reached it's destination. There is definately an annoying loophole with paypal thought, it works on buyers word for it, rather than even giving sellers a chance to explain the situation which when you've been a heavy user of ebay for the past few years is very very annoying when they then go and give the benefit of the doubt to a buyer with a couple of negative feedbacks (still positive overall) and a feedback of about 10.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                        If you don't get your stuff, you could at least send him a regular delivery of a turd or two in the post. This is of course a joke etc.
                        Thats not a bad idea actually.....

Comment

look at highest bidders username, sad but true

Comment

Whats ebays stance on shill bidding, because its happening to me, it quite obvious as the same "zero feedback" bidder has graced all the sellers previous auctions, I really want the game but I also want to tell the seller where to stick it, advice?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1
                            Last edited by erhgiez; 29-06-2006, 09:00.

Comment

Shill bidding is when someone bids on an item to artificially increase its price, desirability, or search standing.

Comment

Working...
                              X