Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The resi games are actually very hard to get in the states now.

Comment

A very quick EBay question

It's my first time selling on EBay and if I enter the starting price does that mean that it will not sell ifthere are bids under that price?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

your starting price is where bids start. if your starting price is ?5, i couldn't come along and place a big of ?2,50 for instance

best to have low starting prices tbh, get the crowds into bidding, they'll usually go higher that way in the long run

Comment

Cheers mate, thanks very much!

Comment

Ebay Scams , ever been fooled?

Not sure if this has been done before, not sure if Im allowed to, but can only try, I presume NO linking is allowed.

Come on then peps, how many people have just thought 'ah sod it' and bid / bought on an Ebay Scam listing, you know the ones, get a ?1000 Telly for free and only win the auction for ?1. What crap did you get back?
            Any other similar auctions, or maybe even ones that work !?!

Moderators : Could we make this a sticky and help save people from spending their money on Ebay only to receive a load of rubbish?

M.

Comment

There is already an Ebay sticky.

To answer your question though, no, i've never been scammed on Ebay. Just remember this "If its to good to be true ...."

Comment

Nope, I'm not a tool. Are you, neoglow?

Comment

You get a link to a matrix website, like The Mobile Matrix (google it) where you pay ?20 and then are added to a list. Obviously you never actually get the merchandise you're after unless you're ludicrously lucky.

Comment

I always find it strange that the people selling this rubbish nearly always have sizable good to perfect feedback records. Surely if you're stupid enough to buy one then you're going to be pissed off when it leads absolutely nowhere.

I wish ebay would ban these 'info' and mass junk product listings, I remember browsing the site a couple of years ago and every second auction being some 100" PROJECTION TV LENS ?3.99 COOL L@@@@@@K! thing, disgusting state of affairs.
                    Last edited by SubparMario; 29-01-2005, 22:20.

Comment

I bid ?40 on some stuff but the dude said I didn?t meet the reserve, but if I still wanted it I could have it for ?40 I could have it.

So I sent him a postal order for ?45 (as Pay Pal wasn?t a big thing then) After 6 weeks I didn?t get my stuff...

So using his address and the Internet I got his phone number. I called him and he said his friend sent it out not him, and he would sort it all out. Two weeks later I called him again a few times and he didn?t answer. That was until I used my mobile phone? he then told me he was away on business and hasn?t had time to sort it out.

I called him every other day for the next month and he never answered again.

I couldn?t really do much more about it as technically I didn?t go through Ebay so I just give up on it.

That that was the olny time Ive been done on ebay.

Comment

Has this guy got to much time on his hands?

Stupid price thou!!

Comment

Stupid ebay auctions

I'm having an ebay phase at the moment and have been laughing my head off reading some of the crappy auctions. Even the most random keywords bring odd stuff up (try searching for condom), but anyway, here is a serious, yet unintentionally funny auction

"Impress the opposite sex with your new entertainment centre!"

anybody found any other crackers?

Comment

interesting if your seriously into Retro Arcade games/scores

Comment

some lucky f**ker was saved from spending ?200 on a leaflet for a psp:

read the last sentence on the auction details... are people REALLY this stupid??

Comment

Edit- sorry misread previous post. Will people never learn-read the whole auction-or if you're lazy use the find tool. Respect to 'ripoffauctionscammer'
                                Last edited by Crossed fingers; 02-02-2005, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X