No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reeesult! A worthy champ. Well done Fernando and Renault and also Felipe. A goodbye to Schu, but thanks for the memories.

Comment

That was a fantastic finale to a great season, go to see F1 back on track. Good to see Button end with a podium too, hopefully Honda will be on form next season.

Comment

cracker of a race, glad i have it all on tape.

Massa coming 1st and button coming 3rd was a big bonus,

Schumacher was on fire. As many have said, he still has some years left.

anyone gonna watch the schumacher programme tomorrow at 11pm?

Comment

I'll be watching it. I'm not a massive Schumacher fan, but it will be interesting to see the Beneton years again.

Comment

what am i gonna do now, ... 4-5 months without f1

Comment

Same here!

I raised a glass of champers last night to Fernando and Schu. Fernando because he has proved his bitter critics wrong, the ones who labelled him 'Luckonso'. Well you can't luck two titles in a row, you imbeciles! He is the real deal and the true successor to Schu. The future of F1 is in good hands.

For Michael, well, what can one say? He gave us some great memories, and some not so great. He is is statistically the greatest driver in history. One day he will look back and think holy ****, look at what I achieved. He finished with a number 1 as in 91 wins. Prost and Senna had 51 and 41. Mansell 31. No doubt his life will now change, but I hope he enjoys it, as afterall he has earned it.
              Last edited by Richard.John; 23-10-2006, 02:35.

Comment

Enjoyed that, great performances from Schu, Alonso, Massa and Button. Good end to a great season.

Have got very high expectations for next season now so I hope it lives up to it.

Will record the Schu program tonight, bet there's loads of GREAT racing in it, all the haters should watch it to see why he's got the reputation he has.

Comment

Anyone know why Ferrari don't use those wheel covers for the whole of the race? Noticed it in Brazil and Japan:

1st stint:

Later:

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair
                    Anyone know why Ferrari don't use those wheel covers for the whole of the race? Noticed it in Brazil and Japan:

1st stint:

Later:
                    I wondered about that, I started to think I was cracking up! Noticed Massa didn't use 'em but Michael did. I assume they can use aerodynamic covers on the rears as there is less braking force and temperature required than the fronts where presumably they would catch fire if not cooled enough. Don't know why they don't use them for the whole race though.

Comment

Forgot the bloody Schu program Was it any good?

Comment

Was OK, showed him in a fairly good light, but did mention the three main "sins" against JV, Hill & Monaco qualifying this year.
                        Some nice footage of him (and Ralf) karting and Formula 3 as well, sure it will be repeated.

Flavio has aged alot (and put on so much weight) since 94/95 seasons.

Love him or hate him, F1 grid won't be the same without MS.

See on BBC site Alonso saying he'd be happy to win 3 (in total) WDC's before retiring, how negative is that, saying he'd be happy with one more title in say the next eight or ten years.

Just need a Rossi win this weekend, then roll on the first races of 2007.
                        Oh and really hope Loeb's broken arm doesn't rule him out for rest of the season

Comment

Thanks David.

I think Alonso has a LOT to learn about PR and public image. He's not very professional is he. He's not got it right the other way either like JV, Montoya or Kimi (I was having a ****) Raikkonen though has he!

Come on Hayden

Comment

dammit, I missed it too. No doubt it'll be repeated on one of the ITV channels.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                              Just need a Rossi win this weekend, then roll on the first races of 2007.
                              Oh and really hope Loeb's broken arm doesn't rule him out for rest of the season
                              yep, I feel the same, Rossi really earns it being the champ again this year,
                              Although I think Hayden is a good driver, I don't really see him as a champion, a champion IMO is the one that dominates the season and should have the most victories..... Hayden is very consistent but I miss that little bit extra from him.

and as for Loeb.... to bad he broke is arm, I really hope to see him finish the season in style, with a victory and being champ again, but even if he isn't going to be in the car again this season, he'll still be the nr.1 this season, I don't see Gronholm win the last 3 rally's

Comment

Alonso is 25 yet has won the title twice so I think he deserves some slack. He may have a habit of saying what he thinks but I think it it was partly do do with the way he saw the title silpping away from him during the latter part of the season, and the frustration that it must have caused. In that regard he does his talking on the track as witnessed this year and last.

As to his comments, I think he is just saying that there is life after F1 and that once he has achieved his goals he will retire as an F1 legend and a very wealthy man.

Comment

Working...
                                X