X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he won't. Alonso gets it!

Comment

New threat to British Grand Prix

Of course Bernie could drop one of the TWO races staged in Italy if he is that desperate to squeeze India onto the calendar. But with the FIA being Ferrari's lap dog that isn't going to happen anytime soon. And of course another boring new track is just what is needed.

Comment

The sad thing is that the UK govt doesn't seem to be willing to put up the cash but if other emerging countries will, Bernie will take his mobile circus there instead.

The tragedy is that the UK is the home of motor sport. In this day and age of declining industry, F1 and UK motorsport in general can proudly boast that British truly is Best. Bernie has no sense of history so it seems. AFAIK, the UK is only country to have an unbroken run of consecutive GPs since the Formula One World Championship's inception in 1950. If he kills that, I will throttle the little tit myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanuts
          No he won't. Alonso gets it!
          ah right, but i thought knowing constructors and renault won that the drivers would get car numbers 1 and 2

oh yeah and bernie you bloody sell out.

getting rid of the excellent san marino track was a bad idea. Getting rid of Silverstone is even worser idea
          Last edited by VR46; 11-11-2006, 22:46. Reason: edited text

Comment

Am i the only one who hates Silverstone then?

Comment

Not at all, its an old style track that needed to go.

We need wider tracks and lots of them, next to go will hopefully be Monaco.

Comment

Fair enough, Silverstone needs a complete overhaul to bring it up to 2006 standards but the main point is that the UK should not lose its GP. Motorsport brings in hundreds of millions or even possibly billions to the economy and the govt. should acknowledge that and help out.

Monaco will be with us forever as it's too important in terms of image. Think about it, F1 cars have got to the point where they are so fast around that track that it's ludicrous from a safety standpoint yet the race remains. AFAIK,the 'Crown Jewels' of F1 are the British, Italian and Monaco races with possibly France as well.

In twenty years from now we may find that the emerging markets have ousted the traditional European circuits, and F1 may be a very different circus indeed.
                Last edited by Richard.John; 12-11-2006, 02:09.

Comment

Argentina years ago was a horrid track.

Comment

Fancy buying Jensons motorhome?

Used to be JV's too! A bargain at ?200k

Comment

Christ if he's not using that anymore ya gotta wonder how awesome the motorhome he'll be using now will be.

Comment

?

?

Comment

Davidson confirmed alongside Sato at Super Aguri for next year, hopefully the first step on the road to a decent drive in the future.

Comment

Really glad to hear that, hope he does well, he should at least be able to beat Sato quite regularly anyway.

Comment

Yes give it a couple of races and I expect Sato to be put well and truely in his place will give the Japanese bosses something to think about, mind you suppose Sato's only in the team for his revenue generation

PS Apologies didn't reply to your email, will do in the morning

Comment

I doubt that Takuma is going to roll over though. It's good news for Davidson and at least shows that SA are serious about moving forward as they have been forced to dump the 'Made in Japan' nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X