No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sato aimed to finish the season strong for SA. He did by getting 10th place. I think Sato will still be SA main man though. He could get his F1 career back at the top if he puts in good results.

Mika come back to F1!

Comment

It would be great to see Mika back but in reality he would get probably get schooled by today's young guns. Look at JV! He spent a year out and couldn't even get that Renault on the podium back in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanuts
        I doubt that Takuma is going to roll over though.
        Nah, he'll probably just drive 'Tony' off the road instead

Seriously though, I don't doubt for a second that he'll put up a good fight, it should be close but I just have the feeling that Davidson will be more consistent and should finish more races. It could go the other way though and Sato could be spurred on by having a competitive team mate and will perform better than ever.

I'm glad to see more Brits back on the grid as well, if Hamilton gets that McL seat we'll be up to 4

Sounds like Mika wanted back in but Ron has turned him down, could all be media spin at the moment though and they are lining him up for the seat, who knows, seems unlikely though. How has he been doing in DTM? Won the championship?

Comment

Just noticed that Klien has been signed as Honda's test and reserve driver but some other Brit (Rossiter?) is the official test driver.

Sure that's not exactly what Klien wanted from F1 this coming year but it's better than watching it from home I guess!
          Last edited by Alastair; 16-11-2006, 09:14.

Comment

Exactly! I would sign up as JB's boot polisher (or is it ego) if it meant that I could attend every race.

Comment

Barricello will probably go to another team next year and i think klien will be there for 08.

As Mclaren said theres 3 people they have interest in, looks in favour for De la rosa. think of it, an all spanish team.

Comment

Mercedes and the sponsors probably won't want an all Spanish line up though.

Comment

id say give hamilton a years worth of testing like how piquet and the guy in the spyker who was from gp2.

id give them time to get use to the car, as big teams don't want to get buggered up through inexperience.

Comment

I Had a bit of surprise today when I walked right past Jenson Button who was out and about in Ginza! It must be said that he looked disgustingly fit and tanned.

I assume he is here on Honda PR business. My wife asked why I didn't ask for a photo but I have never liked him so felt it would be a bit two faced to act like I was his greatest fan! Strangely, it's the second time I have seen him on the street as a couple of years ago I was strolling down Oxford St. and I passed him and his then girlfriend. It was just after the Brazilian GP so he must have flown back to London that day.

Comment

Bet he wasn't hard to miss out there. Was he alone or with a load of Honda people?

Seen that JPM has had a bit of a shunt in his first NASCAR start? Shocking how long it takes them to get out of the cars when on fire. The commentator said he did well to get out so fast!!!

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

He was with two other guys and one of them may have been C.Klien as they all seemed super tanned. They were just walking down the street, as you do, taking in the scenery. Quite odd indeed. I wonder how many Japanese noticed him?

Comment

Hamilton gets the 2nd McL seat:

Who'd of thought it!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair

Used to be JV's too! A bargain at ?200k
                            What John Virgo!!

Comment

yeah that's the one, but Button had the snooker table removed to give him more room.

Comment

Well at least now the UK press have their poster boy for '07 sorted.

Comment

Working...
                                X