X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the williams is frankly Toyota #2 team.

So it should be little slower than toyota team

Comment

Today, I had an interesting conversation with a lady from Toyota's worldwide F1 marketing team. She is a student at my school.

I mentioned that Toyota's cheap trick of running on fumes to get P1 at the Japanese GP every year is not impressive but she just said that it is a marketing strategy to trump Honda (as if we didn't know). Place your bets now for a Ralf or Jarno P1 at Fuji Speedway!

She said that they hired the wrong Schumacher, but as far as she knows they never approached MS. They really want a Japanese driver but she thinks that Takuma is useless and is too strongly linked to Honda. Nakajima Jnr at Williams is a man to watch. Also, they are petrified that Williams will show them up this season,but admitted that the reason for the deal was access to the teams tech. They clearly have a lot of respect for FW and crew.

She said that Alonso will probably be WDC again and described him as perfect. This fanboy agreed of course. She hates Japanese TV coverage of F1 as it's like ITV's Button mania in the sense that it's a pure Takuma fest. I reminded her that Toyota is paying for them to brown nose Honda and Takuma and she said that they have complained but the TV company doesn't care as long as it get ratings.

And her favouriter driver is Mr Red 5, Our Noige!

Comment

Pic of new Renault colour-scheme, least it'll be easy to spot on the grid

Comment

That is the ugliest livery ever. It just doesn't work. Urgh!

Comment

So you don't have to click through and we can all try to shield our eyes:

That really is disgusting, what were they thinking? Chuck evey colour we have at it? And I've lost my fiver.

Richard, how come you were chatting up the Toyota lady?
            Last edited by Alastair; 24-01-2007, 13:05.

Comment

She's a student at my Engrish conversation school.

Yes, it is disgusting. Just horrible and, shamelessly taken form another forum,

F*&k ING Awful.
              Last edited by Richard.John; 24-01-2007, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                She's a student at my Engrish conversation school.
                Contacts my man, I sense a new job on the horizon!

F*&k ING Awful.

Comment

I wish. Maybe I should propose but my wife wouldn't be happy. I cheekily asked when my tickets for this years race would arrive!

She goes every year. Grrr

Comment

You the teacher? Surely she could get you some after all your good work!

Comment

I only met her today! If she likes me enough she may just happen to find a few spare tickets lying around the office. (I doubt it)

You should've asked Jense for a couple

Comment

You think he carries them around in his pocket? Not like I grabbed his mobile number or email when I talked to him for 1 min!

Wish I had though, I like Monaco and would love to have a free place to stay!!!

Comment

His pockets are deep enough, just ask Frank Williams.

Comment

white, yellow, orange, blue.

i don't really like it, first impressions.

shame, ... i hope my old renault T-shirts from the past couple of years still sell well on the net.

Comment

That is horrible, it looks like two different liveries stuck together one for the front and one for the back. I was hoping they'd just go for the classic Renault F1 white and yellow, that would have looked much better than this montrosity.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                                That is horrible, it looks like two different liveries stuck together one for the front and one for the back. I was hoping they'd just go for the classic Renault F1 white and yellow, that would have looked much better than this montrosity.
                                Know the one you mean, that would have been ace but like I said before, the cars are only done in corporate colours now mainly defined by the main sponsor, shame really.

Comment

Working...
                                X