No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it speaks volumes that I no longer watch qualifying.

Bernie, please take your head out of your arse and see the light, this qualifying format is rubbish for the fans.

Comment

I wish there was something that could be done to explain to them the gross stupidity of this format - I really think they just don't realise since they are so inward looking and just don't understand what it is like for the average fan.

I used to watch every single qualifying session avidly (with the 12 laps format it was sometimes more exciting than the race!).

But nowadays, see no point whatsoever in watching the qualifying - which at least makes my girlfriend happy!

Maybe we should start an online petition or something?!

Comment

Don't think quali 2 has ever been shown live this year has it (probably down to time differences rather than TV scheduling ?)

Quali 1 is not bad. But it's like watching the first 45 minutes of a football match then seeing the result 24 hours later on teletext

Comment

It's more about the bigger picture. If the new qualifying format can make for less predictable grids on race day then I can live with it. Not saying it's proven at this stage of the season but it could be a worthwhile trade-off, one F1's been needing for too many dull years.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
            Quali 1 is not bad. But it's like watching the first 45 minutes of a football match then seeing the result 24 hours later on teletext
            True, i couldnt follow qually 2 at all sunday. They want to 'itv2' it, like the beeb do with the snooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Area
              They want to 'itv2' it,
              That's a decent idea, at least a large percentage of people that want to watch it could then.

I do agree also Atticus that if it makes for less predictable grids it is a worthwhile compromise but there must be a better way for the fans too?
              Last edited by Alastair; 05-04-2005, 08:11.

Comment

If you can get ITV2, then you can probably get Radio 5 Sports Extra - they do the Qualifying 2 on that live, as I listened to it on Sunday morning about 8:30 am. Which is a perfectly sensible time for ITV to broadcast it on the telly, I'd have thought.

Comment

New Zealand Rally & First round of Moto GP 2005 this weekend, come on Loeb & Rossi !

Comment

Anyone see the last 2 laps of that Moto GP?!!??!?etc
                    Most amazing tussle I've ever seen in motogp. When Mr Gib managed to stuff it back under half way round the last lap and they both screamed out of the corner sideways... Superb. Shame the rest of the field was nowhere.

Comment

Anyone see the last 2 laps of that Moto GP?!!??!?
                      Yes sir, it was nothing short of spectacular. Definitely the best bit of motorsport i've seen for a long while, and it truly sums up what all racing should be about. Rossi and Gib must have shat their pants about three times on that last lap. I said to myself on the penultimate lap when Rossi first overtook Gib that real class would be an overtake for the win on the last bend of the last lap....i didn't realise he would do it for real!

Comment

And I was laying a bloody patio

Repeated anytime on normal tv or freeview?

Comment

Great final couple of laps, was obvious Rossi was gonna block and force Gibernau wide sooner or later glad Gib got 2nd though otherwise it would have been bit harsh, can't see how Rossi is lacking motivation this season, surely he's gonna move onto something else next year and will want to finish top again this year ?
                          Gibernau's face on the podium was a picture

Agent L it's bound to be repeated on Eurosport late one evening this week. If not, sure they have free clips on motogp.com

Moto GP just blows all other motorsport into the dust imo, mind you with rally and BTCC also, been a busy TV watching weekend.

Comment

so wish I was going to this years LeMans (away on hols instead), even more so now Loeb is taking part

Comment

Quality.

Id quite like to get a load of mates together to go to Le Mans for my birthday. Shame they all pretty much hate motor sports - they just stick it in with F1 in calling it a traffic jam. Oh how unschooled they are...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent L
                                And I was laying a bloody patio

Repeated anytime on normal tv or freeview?
                                if you haven't seen it yet, click on link to BBC, half way down on right is link to stream highlights

Sports news and live sports coverage including scores, results, video, audio and analysis on Football, F1, Cricket, Rugby Union and all other UK sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X