No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorenzo confirmed with Yamaha for 2010.. still a shame he didn't go to Honda but this is I think for him the best decision...

Ducati will be scratching their heads when Stoner won't recover to his old form...

Comment

Brawn may keep the two drivers apparently. And I was thinking that the old man would be picking up his P45.

"We've got a good team, a great car, a superb team principal who has won lots of championships and I think we will be a good place to be. We are not waiting for an Alonso outcome this year, whereas we were last season. We will make a decision in the fullness of time, but it is not a priority at the moment."

The Alonso comment is interesting as it another nod to him wearing red next year?

Comment

I can't believe how quick this week has gone. Only tomorrow will Spa practice 1 & 2 be on, and then the race weekend.

Especially that Spa is such an awesome race track.

Comment

Aye descent track this weekend. Hoping Jenson drives better as well.

Comment

yeah Spa is amazing, watched F1 a few times there and was there on a trackday 3 weeks ago (amazing expierence) riding with the motorbike on Spa was a totally amazing expierence , I can only imagine how crazy it is with an F1 car going around this track..

really looking forward to this race, I hope Button can get back in the front with a good fight with some of the other contenders for the win, I think Raikonen and Hamilton will be fast there as well..

Comment

Enjoying the live practice online. Been to Spa a few times and it's by far the best circuit/F1 I've ever been to. Even looking at it right now, in the pouring rain, I wish I was there

Comment

Just been watching live practice on the BBC red button and it was pouring down at times. Not many teams were able to get a dry lap in and test the real pace of their car for this weekend. They are saying that it could rain through the practices and qualifying, but the race will be dry. So it'll be interesting to see how that could effect the final race's outcome.

Comment

Check the link below. Probably just typical newspaper chatter, but it concerns Stefano Domenicalli talking about a 3 car Ferrari entry next year, with Schumacher as the third driver.

Can't see it being agreed by the other teams, but I would dearly love Michael to return. I was gutted when he abandoned his comeback for Valencia.

Comment

I think a 3rd car would be the savior of F1, if more teams would put in a 3rd car we would have full grid again with competitive cars, but I can imagine some teams wouldn't be happy with this, it would mean even less chance to win some points for the constructers championship...

And I really do hope Ferrari will put Alonso in a Ferrari next year....

Schumi would be nice as well ofcourse but I can't see that happening that he will return fulltime again..

Comment

Good qualy, loved the noise of the Ferrari reverberating around the Belgian forests. Excellent stuff from Force India.

Comment

Bahh, didn't know it was the Indy MotoGP this weekend. Just noticed the live feed on the bbc site but only caught the last interview for the 250cc. ;(

INDIANAPOLIS - USA

Sunday 30 August
                        125 and 250cc race
                        1650-1805, BBC Red Button/online

Race
                        1945-2100, BBC Three/online
                        Belgian Grand Prix

Sunday 30
                        Race: 1400 (1300 BST). Guff starts at 12.10pm.

Comment

Code:
                          [B]Pos  Driver                             Weight (kg)[/B]
                           1.  Fisichella   Force India-Mercedes  648.0           
                           2.  Trulli       Toyota                656.5           
                           3.  Heidfeld     BMW-Sauber            655.0           
                           4.  Barrichello  Brawn-Mercedes        644.5           
                           5.  Kubica       BMW-Sauber            649.0           
                           6.  Raikkonen    Ferrari               655.0           
                           7.  Glock        Toyota                648.5           
                           8.  Vettel       Red Bull-Renault      662.5           
                           9.  Webber       Red Bull-Renault      658.0           
                          10.  Rosberg      Williams-Toyota       670.0           
                          11.  Sutil        Force India-Mercedes  678.5*          
                          12.  Hamilton     McLaren-Mercedes      693.5*          
                          13.  Alonso       Renault               684.4*          
                          14.  Button       Brawn-Mercedes        694.2*          
                          15.  Kovalainen   McLaren-Mercedes      697.0*          
                          16.  Buemi        Toro Rosso-Ferrari    685.0*          
                          17.  Alguersuari  Toro Rosso-Ferrari    704.5*          
                          18.  Nakajima     Williams-Toyota       706.1*          
                          19.  Grosjean     Renault               704.7*          
                          20.  Badoer       Ferrari               691.5*
                          Stolen from Autosport.com.

Comment

Can't believe fisi was an honest top five!

Also can't believe what's happening to button, come on!

Comment

Heideld and trulli must fancy their chances for a win, anybodies race and perhaps the the best track too. Making of a great race!

I can't believe FI are on pole!

Comment

damn, had to work so I missed the F1 Qualy, great to see Fishi on pole, don't know what happend in Spa that some of the fast guys are so far back, but this could be very interesting tomorrow indeed, and if it starts dry with a little bit of rain during the race it could be great one again (like last year)

Pedrosa was flying yesterday ! even the 2 Yamaha's were about 0.6 off the pace !
                                Great day of motorsports today with first F1 and in the evening MotoGP!

Comment

Working...
                                X