No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Hamilton did admit it was his fault, not initially but after subsequent viewing - He has to stop getting into contact situations with other drivers, it's happened too much in the past and he's not learning from it.

He expects people to leave the door open for him at some weird times, but at the same time keeps it tight when it is on the other foot - He's not winning many friends on the track with this attitude, nor in the paddock.

He'll come good, he always does, but its another season wasted for such a talented driver - Button on the other hand can't seem to do no wrong at the moment, certainly in the eyes of the BBC at least

Vettel is proving his worth - It's pretty much done and dusted now, baring any accident or ban for Vettel.

Comment

Wouldn't have been allowed to drive the current one at the Manchester thing, would be counted as 'in season testing' which is banned.

Hamilton basically said he thought he'd gotten way past Kobayashi so didn't check his mirrors before turning in. So while Kobayashi was probably in too deep for a clear brake anyway, Lewis knew he should've seen him and not turned in, which would've had Kobayashi pass him back but then almost certainly run off the track allowing Lewis through.

So he's accepting that the accident was just a 'racing incident', but that he takes the blame for not doing more to prevent him ending up retired as a result.

Comment

Here are the cars come get you one!

BTCC starting on ITV4 in a bit. 11.30

Comment

The Sports and Classic race was great, lovely to see that old little green mini racing round

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Here are the cars come get you one! BTCC starting on ITV4 in a bit. 11.30
            Good meeting but yet again those turbos outclass the rest of the field because of their speed on the straight. A more twist-turny track and it's much more equal but today on that course it is unbalanced IMHO. Great last race for excitement factor though - Plato was very, very angry.

Comment

Went to Knockhill today for the racing. Have to agree with fallenangle the turbos still seem that bit quicker on straights and accelerate well out of the corners. And Wrathal in the Avensis was mighty on the brakes into the hairpin.

The classics were really good with a really mixed up field. Where else do you see a Mini and an XR2 up against Porsche, Lotus and Ferrari. The Morgan and TR8 were rapid and sounded magic.

Comment

Did you enjoy the day? I think one of the best races entertainmentwise was the Ginetta Juniors, they got proper reckless near the end.

Comment

Yeah it was a good day and probably the only time I have been to Knockhill and it didn't rain! I know it isn't the greatest circuit on the calendar for overtaking but you get so close to the action compared to any other track I have visited. And the prices at the stalls for food and drink aren't bad certainly a lot cheaper than something like T in the Park.
                  I missed the Ginetta Juniors as I was away getting something to eat! I've recorded the ITV4 coverage so I can catch what I missed. Can you hear the cheers when Plato went off?

Comment

No Monza discussion?

It was a bit bland.

Comment

Schumi was amusing.

I was playing the end of SotD and barely paid attention to it.

Comment

Pap race, if it wasn't for the red baron it would of been even worse.

Comment

Yes, he made the race for me. Only really good on track action. Vettell was completely untouchable.

Comment

I'd argue Vettel was untouchable thanks to the Red Baron keeping Hamilton at bay for so long. But we'll never know.

Comment

I actually enjoyed the race. Thought the whole LH chasing MS parts were quite entertaining. Good to see Di Resta get some points. And another brilliant race from Button.

Comment

Touring cars coming on live on itv 4. 11.30 sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X