Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL,

what a mess. Straying off topic even further, I'm stunned to see such avid support for JV and DC in this thread.

Lets take a look back at some of DCs 'finer' moments...

Coulthard has spun his car on the parade lap - YES THE PARADE LAP
    Coulthard has crashed his car into the pit wall whilst doing a scheduled pit stop

And lets take a look at JVs championship winning competition shall we. He was up against MS in an uncompetative ferrari and the his team mate was HHF who's hardly set the world alight.

in short I don't rate him.

Comment

This is all getting a little out of hand now.

Sure I'd like a GB GP but it's not helping the image of the sport here is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
        in short I don't rate him.
        But he's a character and they are sorely lacking in F1. JPM is the only other one stuck in a field full of boring germans and the most un-interesting man alive, yes I'm looking at you Kimi!

Comment

Kimi is in no danger of being labelled Captain Charisma.

Comment

Kimi is the AI that has been developed in top secret at McLaren's Tracey Island HQ. He was the sole product, and first prototype, of that facility.

Comment

Ay that's the truth, although I like his driving. He's not as balls out as JPM though...

I agree the sport could do with some characters people who are willing to stand out and flaunt it. Actually what would be good for the sport is if MS retired. Sure he is a great driver, in fact too great. He's just incredibly dull.

Does anyone remember when MS went through a spate of swearing during his interviews classic

"It was a bloody hard race"
              "This is bull****"

and my favourite MS on Senna who'd been blocking him for a good chunck of the race

"He was braking into the corners and accellerating out of them. This is no way for a 3 times world champion to behave"

:Lol

Comment

Let's not start that particular discussion...

MS dominance is the fault of the other teams, and the solution is not for him to retire.

Comment

Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
                    Coulthard has spun his car on the parade lap - YES THE PARADE LAP
                    Coulthard has crashed his car into the pit wall whilst doing a scheduled pit stop
                    Aye but 4 time world champion Alain Prost also spun on the parade lap once. Admittedly only coulthard has done the "dummy double".

That said, I think even though Coulthard isn`t the fastest driver out there, especially now on a downward slide, on the right day hes always been a fiery competitor who can give a good dice and plenty of excitement.

JV deserves to fade into obscurity and be forgotten. He had a great talent, and after a championship year, in only his second season, he had a hard season in an uncompetitive williams and then threw away his entire career by signing with Tyrrell aka BAR. Must have been paid a lot.

Kimi doesn`t need a personality, because once hes behind the wheel, he has a ferociously relentless style that I`d rather watch than him speaking with extra monotone in press conferences.

When people slag off Schuey and say he makes F1 boring, they`re kind of missing out on something. With schuey, who is arguably the greatest F1 champion who has ever lived, and Rossi, who seems similarly so in Motogp, we are witnessing dominant talents and a golden age of motorsport that may not be repeated in our lifetimes. Enjoy it while its here, rather than when you watch the highlights DVD`s in 20 years time.

Brands Hatch couldn`t possibly host a GP these days. The Indy circuit is far too small for F1 regulations, and the outer parts of the GP layout are far too dangerous for modern F1 cars. Donington is safer for these kinds of car imo, and the facilities are usually ok on Bike GP day, but F1 would be a larger crowd (if thats possible).

The british GP has been shown mercy the last few years when it could have been cancelled, so imo its basically the BRDC`s fault for not taking the FIA and Bernie`s warnings seriously enough, and assuming being one of the most historic races would guarantee its survival. Apparently this isn`t the case.

I don`t see why the government should fork out millions to save the race either. Its a private sporting event, and there would be a public outcry if taxpayers money was used to rescue any sporting event that was at risk of being cancelled, when the motorsport industry is widely reported as being so obscenely wealthy.

Comment

Red Bull have bought Jaguar (F1)

Comment

Bit of a step down in speed from F5000 AG racing, isn't it?

Comment

For a dollar and a promise too, bargain.

Good news though, who will drive? Klien?

Comment

god knows, probably whoever doesn't get the Williams drive.

Comment

Jordan and Toyota have signed a one year deal for engine supply aswell. Looks like a full grid next season after all.

Comment

Team RedBulls test livery, what do we think?

F1-racing pic

I think i's pretty good - will look better in the flesh and all metallic though I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X