No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't help but feel that if Hamilton has a good test next week we'll see him racing in Brazil, Ron Dennis is playing down the idea, but after De La Rosa's poor weekend who knows what the future holds for Brazil and next season.

Comment

going back to Susuke, 15th place was like scoring an 8th place finish for sato.

Comment

On the subject of Massa smacking FA out of contention, it's fair to say that the drivers will be told to keep their noses out of the WDC battle. If Massa did such a thing, the **** would certainly hit the fan big stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
          I'm with Alastair with this one, firmly still believe that if you put both Sch and Alonso in exactly the same car tomorrow, for either one lap or a full race distance Sch would come out on top.
          IMO Fernando would be a better bet. He's younger and hungrier.

Comment

Away from F1, a driver (Mark Porter) was killed at the Bathurst circuit in Australia during the w/e. If you've ever seen a race from Bathurst or raced it in games like TOCA 2 you'll know that a lot of the corners and summits are blind, it's a truly daunting circuit which is why it is so fabled around the world.

He crashed and was stationary across the track just after a summit, a couple of cars managed to miss him but one couldn't avoid him and collided at high speed with the drivers side/door area of Porters car. He was taken to hospital but died soon after

The video is available at the usual places if you are that way inclined.

Comment

Alonso has already become the youngest ever world champion and if he wins the title this year, as looks likely, he'll have emulated Schumachers double, only at an earlier age and twice beaten the previous incumbent, as opposed to having the way paved by a tragic death and retirements by ex-champions. So he'd be well on his way to beating all Schumachers records, I just hope McLaren give him the car he deserves next year, should be interesting...

Comment

I hope to see some excellent fights next year with Raikonen and Alonso, and if we're lucky we'll see a third team that can fight for the championship, I think Redbull could be a serious contender, with a new Adrian Newey disigned car.

Comment

so many names you could put down..... like a few years ago you'd probably only say michael schumacher or one of the mclaren drivers.

you have button, alonso, raikonen, button and theres probably at least 5 more i could put down. Time will tell.

Comment

I don't really follow F1, but I really wanted Schumacher to retire as champion so was very disappointed to see his engine blow after clawing his way back this year.

Comment

Saw the Bathurst crash on YouTube, very nasty!

Comment

yeah it was nasty, poor bloke.

Comment

Spa is back on the F1 calendar for next year, great news

Moto GP this weekend, plus McRae back for a one-off WRC rally.

Oh and Rossi is to race in the Rally of New Zealand in November, let's hope he gets past the first day this time

Comment

That's great news, at least we get that back when we lose Suzuka.

Seems they'll have a lot of work to do in 11 months to get it up to scratch in time though.

Comment

What do you think would be a wise move for Spyker.

Christian klien or Tiago Monteiro? or either.

i think i read up that honda are interested in monteiro and klien, but think klien would go to aguri.

Comment

McLaren stick with Pedro for last race of the season

shame really, would have been interesting to see how Hamilton got on in a proper race.

Comment

Working...
                                X