Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its so humiliating!! Still... been out on the bike this afternoon (though not far) after repairing it so I can cycle to work again.

Plan is to start alternating cycling and running to work and back. Got to recover some of my old will power... and short spillage is a long way to go to recovering it.

Mind you I type this while drinking a pint of cider...

Comment

It's so easy to slip up, cut back on exercise and eat poorly. I keep trying to "restart" but don't make it past a few days. I can't commit 100% to it, not mentally able to right now. I'm having another go though! GOT to get to around 85kg, hitting maybe 95-97 ATM. Before XMas that weight was muscle, but as I still have a bad back I can't do the big fat burning exercises I want - squats and deadlifts.

Maybe this week I can stick to it

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
        85kg, hitting maybe 95-97 ATM
        Thats pretty much where I am. I'm 97kg and need to drop back to somewhere between 85 and 90kg.

Right. Well. I've dragged myself out of bed early enough to cycle in. Time to go I guess!

Comment

This could be good, I'm more focused with a little competition

I'm 96kg today. Diet good so far (just apples and protein shake). I need to plan it properly. Looking for a kilo loss per week, though it may be a little more across the first month. 85kg is my target!

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
            This could be good, I'm more focused with a little competition

I'm 96kg today. Diet good so far (just apples and protein shake). I need to plan it properly. Looking for a kilo loss per week, though it may be a little more across the first month. 85kg is my target!
            Good luck Chain, let us know how you're getting on.

Comment

Thanks mate. Hopefully it'll come together, real life is a right ****er at the moment so the old noggin is all over the place. But a bit of dedication will help.

Comment

Well I'll keep reporting how I get on myself. As you say a bit of competition may keep us motivated

Comment

well its halfway through wind down week now for sundays marathon, am using carb loading as an excuse to eat any old rubbish which is great. Cant say that the tapering is making me feel as good as i'd have liked but i'm sure it'll all come good at the weekend. Just been out to get my race day shoes so should have time to trot out 15 or so miles in them to avoid any blisters got some more Asics 2120's, cant believe how good the high street is now for stuff like this, theres a couple of big chains where you can pick them up as cheap or cheaper than on the net, almost went for the Kayano's at ?85 but thought that ?60 was enough when they dont last much more than 2 months. Anyway good luck to anyone else running this weekend!

Comment

Things are now in motion. I finally got round to weighing myself last night i am near 13 stone, and about 5 foot 11. My frame is skinny but I have a beer gut from too many mispent nights in the boozer.

As of last night I have started doing situps and pressups, these will be a nightly routine which over the course of the next few months should bring my waistsize down.

Most importantly I have persuaded my work to use the cyclescheme run by the governemnt which means I will be getting a new bike soon. Once I have that I shall cycle to and from work, which is about two miles each way.

Weather permitting I will also take it down the seafront in the evenings and weekends.

Hopefully by July I should be beer gut free.

Comment

Success. I ran to work and back today. Was feeling (surprisingly!) really comfortable so went a slightly longer route for a total of 5 miles today.

I'm pretty pleased considering the problems I've had with my legs lately. Which, most importantly, gave me no trouble at all.

Comment

Yikes 5 miles! I thought I was doing well to stick to my diet for 3 days Well, more or less, I need a caffeine energy drink to help me through the weight lifting.

No cardio yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                          Things are now in motion. I finally got round to weighing myself last night i am near 13 stone, and about 5 foot 11. My frame is skinny but I have a beer gut from too many mispent nights in the boozer.

As of last night I have started doing situps and pressups, these will be a nightly routine which over the course of the next few months should bring my waistsize down.

Most importantly I have persuaded my work to use the cyclescheme run by the governemnt which means I will be getting a new bike soon. Once I have that I shall cycle to and from work, which is about two miles each way.

Weather permitting I will also take it down the seafront in the evenings and weekends.

Hopefully by July I should be beer gut free.
                          im no expert (ask chain and co for that), but just doing sit ups and press-ups aint gonna do much to your waist size. Alot of the spiel i read about fitness dos and donts usually warns people not to fall into the trap of thinking sit ups will shed that beer belly. You need to do some cardio, high intensity, sweaty stuff buddy.

Get running

Comment

After a fairly large break in my training I think I'm back into it again. I took a whole week off at one point due to just being so busy with uni/work/friends etc. But have been going regularly again, not as much as normal still since I just have alot of uni work for the end of the semester and cant handle it all but still enough to make a difference.

Done some cardio today too, on the rowing machine for the first time in months too. Thought I'd go for 2000m since thats what I've seen some of you guys do and time it. I done it in 8:04 if thats any good considering I had just been on the cross trainer for 30 minutes running like a trojan!! Reckon I could easily get that to 7:30 if I put some effort in though next time.

Comment

Or cycling (which I see you are going to do), rowing or even a bit of skipping Diet is important too, what you eating? Cor, two miles is a great distance for some speedy cycling.

I had a week off and I can totally feel it too. Rowing (5k) was an massive effort, 19:42 overall and man I've never sweat so much in all my life. My PB is 19:02 Cycled today, also hard work but glorious weather so I don't mind so much. Time to bust some weights out at home, I'm on gardening leave

Comment

Herb, Dave is right.

Said it before, worth saying it every week - diet is the most important aspect. We are literally what we eat.

You'll move some of the beer belly doing situps and pressups, but every night means your muscles won't recover, and anyway everyone has abs they're just covered by fat - which will go by dieting.

Cardio will help burn a few calories, and more importantly keep your metabolism higher all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X