X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psi View Post
    Front brake (drum!)
    my god that brings back memories......

sounds like you had a hoot, keep saying i'll get on an advance motorcycle course but never seem to get time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r View Post
      my god that [front drum brake] brings back memories...
      The best one was during the "stopping when turning a hard corner" exercise. You had to straighten up and stop in one fluid sequence without going over the line that represents the road. Well, of course, me here used to sportbikes straightens up and gives it a squeeze.. and nothing happens... and I go flying over the "cliff". Instructor bollocks me - and I do it again, and again.. Finally he gets on bike and tries it and does the exact same thing! Everyone else was riding small bikes too but they all had Honda Rebel or Yamaha Virago 250s, Kawi Eliminator 125s, and the like, so they had no problems stopping. Oh, and let's not forget the ponderous feel and gear-change off a 40 year old tractor, and all

Comment

Wtf? http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...148434,00.html

Comment

erm. Didn't he notice he couldn't change gear or rest on the pegs? nuts.

Comment

Bet he noticed when he came to a stand and tried to put his foot down.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Apparently ?do whatever the f*** you want? doesn?t mean what I thought.
              LOL! class! That's too bad though man - hate hearing about cases of 'teh Mrs' etc, I get it all the time when I want to do something fun with my mates.

Force needs to stop posting pictures of himself riding bikes. That's almost as bad as him taking pics of himself down the Red Light District puffing on a massive pre-sparked spliffta.

I really want a bike, although I don't want the death (or worse!) that will inevitably come with it. When on the road I'm one of those 'dickheads' that everybody "tuts" at, and I simply wouldn't be satisfied unless I turned each trip to work in the morning into the opening scene of Akira, I live in Burnley so getting the riots together for police distraction would be easy.

Comment

made a test drive on the new Aprilia Tuono today.... very impressive bike, I really like the power it has from low revs, and the noise is also great ! It's great for riding on normal roads, just on the race tracks a supersport is more fun..... I'm still in doubt about what to get next year, so far I'm about 70% sure to get the new Fireblade next year the other 30% is for the Aprilia.....

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                Force needs to stop posting pictures of himself riding bikes. That's almost as bad as him taking pics of himself down the Red Light District puffing on a massive pre-sparked spliffta.
                sorry mate.... you prefer something like this ?!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  I simply wouldn't be satisfied unless I turned each trip to work in the morning into the opening scene of Akira
                  The following exchange occurred the other day between two guys at an intersection near where I live, both on almost identical Fireblades:

Guy one, noticing other guy's bike: "TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
                  Guy two: "KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Comment

The following exchange occurred the other day between two guys at an intersection near where I live, both on almost identical Fireblades:

Guy one, noticing other guy's bike: "TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
                    Guy two: "KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
                    Brilliant.

Fireblade GET

Comment

It'd probably have been more appropriate if they were on red Hayabusas:

Check that out! You can practically see the trails of light coming from the back

Comment

there's been a couple of custom akira cycles has their not? i remember researching them for an old college design project. (they looked **** iirc, proportions were wrong, less said about the mcfarlane model of it the better too ¬_¬ )

Comment

It'd probably have been more appropriate if they were on red Hayabusas:

Check that out! You can practically see the trails of light coming from the back
                          OMFG OMFG OMFG

You had to post a picture of THAT!!!!11 **** me sideways! that is beautiful...

I'll just go back to cutting myself..... seriously, just ten minutes on that thing would be worth ending up in a wheel-chair with no face.

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                          sorry mate.... you prefer something like this ?!

No probs pal - I'll be on one of these Hayabusa things over on your private race-track faster than you can say Leidseplein. (is that actually the red light district? I recognise the reflection in the window )
                          Last edited by dataDave; 15-08-2007, 16:47.

Comment

Suzuki Hayabusa, formerly GSX1300R. Does 0-60 in a little over two and a half seconds and has a top speed of, well, faster than any production car. We don't actually know for sure because it comes from the factory speed-limited to "only" 186mph, so there's no official top speed beyond that. Turbo versions with the limiters deactivated are capable of well over 250, though they hardly ever get pushed that hard because, well, it's insane!! Rreally comfortable bike for sport-touring though, even if not as flickable round corners as some smaller supersports - popular in the US for that reason, as it's pretty much just long straight roads here.

Got to admit, though, I'm happy with my 248cc mini-sportbike. Just like how my favourite car of all time is the original Mini Cooper: it might not look as cool, but it's about 10 times better at going round corners than the 'muscle' competition
                            Last edited by Eps; 15-08-2007, 21:55.

Comment

Hmm...it looks crap. I think I would prefer a Honda Gold Wing and they are really bad as we all know. Actually I think i'd prefer syphilis.

Comment

Saw an old Silver Wing from 1982 on sale around here for $1500 (ie about 750 quid). Was tempted to buy it, awful black-with-red-piping '80s paint job and all, just for the sake of it

Comment

Working...
                                X