No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all that technology? The 1098s is 14.

Comment

We can live in hope more I look at it more I like it, what looked odd to you Charles ?

Comment

MCN video test here.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous. That is all.

Comment

197bhp at 13,800rpm .... OMG !!

that's just about the GP bike built for the road..... how much fun can you have on a bike like this ??!! I wouldn't mind to find it out some day !

oh well.... for that money it should be spectacular

Comment

Heh. Nice free advertising from the Telegraph here.

Law of diminishing returns definitely, without a doubt applies to the new Ducati. "Forty-two thousand pounds? Is that all?" Come on. Sure, it's reputedly an incredible bike, but over here you can still buy a decent house in some places for how much it costs. And contrary to what the article implies, the difference between a top of the range supersport and this bike -- unless your name's Rossi, Edwards or Stoner -- is never going to be brought out to anywhere near the extent necessary to justify the gigantic price tag. Rich boy's more-money-than-you toy ftw: I predict it'll be the new Hayabusa, owned by a load of Prem footballers before the year is out.

Edit: Of course, the above is only meant to argue that the performance (as compared to other bikes) isn't worth the increase in cost, in my mind. It's not to argue at all with the level of that performance viewed independent of cost. Lol @ the MCN video: "I'm a super cool motorcycle journo who.. er.. oops.. er.. can't seem to keep the front wheel down when I touch the throttle.."

Edit 2: And 14,000 revs? Pah.. my bike does 15,000 at redline! (while going at, er, 110mph in top gear.. )
              Last edited by Eps; 28-09-2007, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi View Post
                And contrary to what the article implies, the difference between a top of the range supersport and this bike -- unless your name's Rossi, Edwards or Stoner -- is never going to be brought out to anywhere near the extent necessary to justify the gigantic price tag. Rich boy's more-money-than-you toy ftw: I predict it'll be the new Hayabusa, owned by a load of Prem footballers before the year is out.
                Agreed, any 1000/600cc supersports is madly fast so the cost can't be justified from that side of things. But! These are the bikes of dreams, and it's nice to have them there, even if I'll never get to ride one.

Comment

Anyway, bollocks to all that: the new Ninja 250 is a reality! Here's a pic (complete with "badass" posing Kawasaki representative)...

Comment

Cool - I thought bike manufacturers had given up on 250cc - that looks great.

Comment

The more I see it the more I like it .... The new Fireblade !!
                      If everything goes like planned, I should have the new blade by the beginning of next year !! OH YEAH !! can't wait to get to the Ring with this baby !

here's some more pictures of how it's gonna be :

Comment

Woot! Passed my CBT and get my Honda CBR 125 today
                        Supposed to be 2006/07 model, but I'm going to try & see if I can get the New 2007/08 vers (unlikely but gotta try eh!?) as that is Diamond, the 2006/07 is Dynamite, anyhow either is a short term till I get round to doing the direct access

Either way im on the road and on a bike

Comment

Was going to say congrats for passing CBT but it's not exactly hard is it Well done on getting on the road though. Take it easy and try not to crash as the weathers turning worse this time of year.

Force, CBR looks great but I'm not sure the headlights are an improvement to the styling. I like the little tiny ones on the previous models and the current 600RR.

Comment

Katsujinken, congrats ! have fun on the road !!
                            Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                            Force, CBR looks great but I'm not sure the headlights are an improvement to the styling. I like the little tiny ones on the previous models and the current 600RR.
                            yeah, I never thought they could beat the styling of the current 1000RR and 600RR models and my first impression of the 2008 blade were the same as yours, but after checking out more pictures I started to like it more and more.... I like the back of the bike, it looks a lot like the GP bike...
                            Really can't wait to ride it ! the power will be mindblowing compared to my 600RR ...
                            oh well, in April or May I hope I can tell you how it feels

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Cool - I thought bike manufacturers had given up on 250cc - that looks great.
                              I think it's mainly for the JP (horsepower restrictions) and US (nobody wants a 125 to learn on) markets.. the previous version is really popular over here despite having remained the same for 20 years, but I think Kawasaki wanted to give it an update to compete with the more modern-looking (but inferior) Hyosung GT250.

Force, I love the styling of the new Blade - still ambivalent about the decals, but that can be changed easily Really like that little instrument cluster.

Finally, Katsujinken - congrats! Don't be too dismissive of that little 125 though. You'll find that it can still get you into trouble if you aren't very careful at first! Fun bike, though, specially in the corners. And it gets much better fuel economy than some bikes (and virtually all cars), which is a bonus with petrol the price it is nowadays. Not quite as fuel-light as a 125cc scooter, maybe, but then: it's a bloody motorbike

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X