No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode through a Florida tropical summer rainstorm today.. first time I've ever been on a bike in that much rain. On the Interstate too with massive trucks left, right and centre

Comment

I went through a flood once on my ninja.

The road was flooded for a good 400m.
      The water was up to the bottom of my boots. eep.
      I couldn't actually see the edge of the road where the kerb was so I was keeping in the middle and watching what happened to the car in front. Scary stuff.
      And the car kept on going slower and slower. I didn't want to have to put my leg down into the water if it stopped eeeek.

On another occasion with not quite so deep water I tried going for it a bit.... a hilarious "screen" of water shot up in front of me. I couldn't see through it. Anyone coming the other way would have seen something like a scene from the Abyss, with a wall of water coming down the road.

Comment

Considering doing the restricted access test shortly any advice or what to expect & practise would be appreciated

Comment

Burnouts and endos while not wearing a helmet!!1111

Comment

Originally posted by Eps View Post
            Burnouts and endos while not wearing a helmet!!1111

Sound, my girlfriend can show all that *insert pic from link here to demonstrate the feeling that brings* www.facepalm.org

I just want to know exactly what to expect as the only person I knew who recently did his test died 2-4 weeks later totally randomly and non biking related... RIP

Comment

Expect the examiner to try and get where you are about to want to go in terms of position on the road. If you don't do your lifesaver than you'll put him in danger and thus fail. i.e. lifesaver before any change of position on the road.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the 2009 R1. It sounds like it's going to be a completely revised model in every way and not an evolution like the 07-08s are to the 04-06s. In the German MotoGP FP2 Randy Mamola said he has heard they're trying to make it as small as the current R6, and they're small, with lots of new trick parts.

Comment

Will people over 6foot be able to ride sports bikes in the future?

Comment

Yeah, but this is the R1; the R-series have always been little torture chambers! Ride a ZX-10R if you want a comfy litre-bike. The R-series isn't plush but it sure is brutal

Comment

Quite funky Ducati Branded memory stick

Comment

talkin about Ducati, when all goes like planned I will be making a test run this week on the new Ducati Hypermotard !! that bike is very sexy ! I hope I don't like it too much...

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good respray workshop near(ish) to london? I have some R1 fairings that need non stock colours.
                          Last edited by captainflimflam; 23-08-2008, 15:42.

Comment

Stupidly rode in Tropical Storm Fay (see banter topic). Next time I'll probably just stay at home!

Comment

Ok Theory test done But...
                              NO TESTS AVAILABLE TIL THE NEW ONE typical eh?

Comment

The new Aprilia RSV4 !! that's one good looking bike !! and it's a V4 engine, street model supposed to have 180bhp and the race spec will have 200+bhp ! .....

Max Biaggi is confirmed as rider of this Aprilia for the 2009 SBK season...

Comment

Working...
                                X