Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
    Ok Theory test done But...
    NO TESTS AVAILABLE TIL THE NEW ONE typical eh?
    I'd look into that again now...I've heard the new test has been put back six months.

I'm rinigng around at lunch time to find somewhere to my DAS before the new test comes in.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
      The new Aprilia RSV4 !! that's one good looking bike !! and it's a V4 engine, street model supposed to have 180bhp and the race spec will have 200+bhp ! .....

Max Biaggi is confirmed as rider of this Aprilia for the 2009 SBK season...
      Looking good, I especially like the tail unit (and I though the RC8 was pretty extreme!!) though I'm not too sure about the front end and loath the pipe!! Good to see that they've got a top flight rider for their 1st season though, not only is Biaggi as quick as anyone else on a good day but undoubtedly his many years of experience will prove very useful.

Couple more pics and a decent write up on the specs (Ohlins, Brembo, cassette gearbox, slipper clutch etc) here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...rsv4-revealed/ .

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        I'd look into that again now...I've heard the new test has been put back six months.

I'm rinigng around at lunch time to find somewhere to my DAS before the new test comes in.

Neil
        Seriously? Please be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously? Please be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          all true

Put back from September 29th to March 29th 2009...

Gives me lots more time to sort it all out now thank god

Neil

Comment

Yup, just phoned my local trainer and it's-a-gogo!!
            Respect for posting that here btw "You WIN"

Comment

Yup, just phoned my local trainer and it's-a-gogo!!
              Respect for posting that here btw "You WIN"
              Excellent news, when you booked in for??

No problem at all more than happy to share the news

Cant believe that they are still considering the new test at all to be honest.

MCN the other week reported that the reason for the delay is instructers are actually having difficulty passing it themselves.
              It's to do with the emergency avoidance part...you need to swerve round an object at 32mph (50kmh) which in theory is 2 miles over the speed limit anyway but has to be 32 to bring us inline with the EU ruling of 50Kmh.
              Apparantly it's too difficult to get to 32+ to avoid the object in the space allowed.

Stupid EU

Still at least this gives me 6 more months to get my backside in gear & get my license.

Neil

Comment

RSV just looks like the Blade, imo. Very sad, as the previous factory was a beaut.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                  talkin about Ducati, when all goes like planned I will be making a test run this week on the new Ducati Hypermotard !! that bike is very sexy ! I hope I don't like it too much...

You wil mate, it's great fun.

For me however, just too damn wide to consider as a commuter.

Comment

yeah, it was great fun and it's an amazing bike to ride, the fun factor is amazing.
                    Not a bike for longer trips though.....

Comment

Fast Bikes’ Project Superlight sets new Nurburgring lap record. Future’s Fast Bikes magazine has set a new lap record at the world-famous Nurburgring, with their specially built Suzuki GSX-R600 ‘Project Superlight’.

GSXR600 superlight sets new nurburgring bridge>>gantry lap record.

Picked up Fast Bikes a few days ago and noticed the write up.
                      Doing a lap that quick is nuts, but doing it in a public session on is pretty silly. And amazing.

Comment

holy ****, 7m17 ?!! that guy must have balls of steel going so fast on the Ring with all the traffic (especially this year it has been crazy almost every weekend)
                        It's interesting to see though the 600cc bike outrunning the 750cc and 1000cc bike, especially with some off the long straights you have on that track, they didn't say anything about the actual weight of the 600, but if they managed 1:1 it should be around 120kg ... impressive stuff

Comment

Okay, while it may offend you hardcore bikers, I suddenly have the urge to steer left to go right and get myself a scooter. I was looking at a few when I came across an electric scooter. Gets around 40 miles per charge and takes about 3 hours for a decent charge.

What does anyone reckon about electric scooters? Good? Bad? Pointless?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Okay, while it may offend you hardcore bikers, I suddenly have the urge to steer left to go right and get myself a scooter. I was looking at a few when I came across an electric scooter. Gets around 40 miles per charge and takes about 3 hours for a decent charge.

What does anyone reckon about electric scooters? Good? Bad? Pointless?
                            Don't know much about them myself but to me 40 miles isn't right far and 3hrs is quite a long time. Take into consideration that a decent scooter should easilly do 100+mpg and I think I know which I'd be going for.

Comment

You'd be better off with a 5 speed manual 50cc bike. Better mpg than a moped (their autotransmissions sap power) and better ride (bigger wheels). Not sure about elec scooters - never tried one, but burning fossil fuels and turning the results into electricity and then turning that into mechanical energy is far less efficient than just burning the fossil fuel inside an engine in the first place. So unless you have signed up with ecotricity's 100% tarrif, then you'd be greener with the 50cc.

By scooter, do you mean something like this that looks like a moped, or do you mean something you stand up on?

Comment

Yeah, I meant a moped and you're both right - 40 miles per charge would be a handicap and it still eats energy so it just adds a middleman to the process. I'm looking at a plain ol' bog standard 50cc thing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X