Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Does it make much difference to the curve? Or does it just look and sound ridiculously cool?
    I got it purely for the looks. I knew I would get one eventually after the first time I saw it. It is reported to run a bit rough with the Taylormade, so I got a PCV with it and it runs nice and smooth. My butt dyno doesn't really notice any difference in the power, not that I need any more power, but the more I ride with it, the more addicted I'm getting to its sound.

Comment

that exhaust is looking really nice MJ, I have seen many exhaust for the Blade but there aren't many that I liked, but I have to say this one is really good looking.
      What I'm wondering though, is there an option to put a DB killer in there ? I ask because on most trackdays overhere the bike isn't allowed to make a lot of noice...

Originally posted by MJ View Post
      not that I need any more power
      hehehe, last week I took my bike for my first ride of the year (finally!), and I was really impressed again with the amazing power of the bike!

We'll be going in June again with the bike to Italy, last year was SO amazing there ! I can only say to all people riding motorbikes: GO and do it, it's absolutely amazing !

Comment

Great pics TheForce. Where is the second one, Stelvio?

Comment

thx, yep that's passo Stelvio, it's an amazing view from there and its nice to drive Stelvio but Italy has even much much better mountain roads to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
            that exhaust is looking really nice MJ, I have seen many exhaust for the Blade but there aren't many that I liked, but I have to say this one is really good looking.
            What I'm wondering though, is there an option to put a DB killer in there ? I ask because on most trackdays overhere the bike isn't allowed to make a lot of noice...
            There isn't an official baffle for it, but I have read a post at 1000RR.net where a user e-mailed Taylormade Racing about this sort of thing and Paul Taylor did offer some suggestions. I haven't dealt with TMR directly myself, but have read many posts about how helpful they are.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67549 (post #48)

Comment

I really like the style of the Taylormade can MJ, v nice indeed and TheForce, that road in Stelvio looks amazing!! Good to see the bike thread warming up with the weather too .

I recently decided it was time to treat myself to a new bike & kind of fancied something a tad different. Well I say different, more just not Japanese really!! I've nothing at all against Japanese bikes, indeed all my previous bikes have been from the east and all have been pretty much spot on. I guess I just figured that with the cost of new bikes being quite close right now it meant I may as well look at some Japanese alternatives. Took a look at RC8s, 1098s, RSV4 and read up on the MV F4 (soooo sexy!) before settling on....... a Beemer!!
              Attached Files

Comment

I've seen a few of those BMs. Look good. Not seen any reviews though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  I've seen a few of those BMs. Look good. Not seen any reviews though.
                  It's been getting some cracking reviews (phew!) .

MCN took part in the annual Masterbike test at the new Motorland circuit near Valencia, Spain, where all nine 1000cc inline-fours and 1200 V-twin sportsbikes competed head-to-head.         Check out the track – onboard an RSV4 at Motorland Watch the video for footage from the three day event and read the full test in this week’s MCN, on sale Wednesday 10 March.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                    a Beemer!!
                    excellent choice mate !!!
                    I made a test ride on it a few weeks ago, but is was cold and wet so didn't really get a good feeling of the bike, tomorrow though when my bike get's it service I will take the beemer for proper a test ride !! looking forward to it because the more I see the bike in real the more I like it !
                    You've also got it with the best colors, you also have the quickshifter and TC/ABS fitted to the bike ??

My Blade will be for sale this summer, still not sure what I will be getting next (soo many great "toys" to chose from...) for sure there will be a HondaS2000 next summer, but I was thinking for beside the S2000 to get a HyperMotardEvo...

Comment

excellent choice mate !!!
                      I made a test ride on it a few weeks ago, but is was cold and wet so didn't really get a good feeling of the bike, tomorrow though when my bike get's it service I will take the beemer for proper a test ride !! looking forward to it because the more I see the bike in real the more I like it !
                      You've also got it with the best colors, you also have the quickshifter and TC/ABS fitted to the bike ??
                      Cheers and yeah I went for the full spec one as I was keen to see if all this new stuff was as good as I'd heard. The brakes (Brembos) are fantastic, genuinely just two finger stuff and the ABS certainly hasn?t spoiled my fun yet! Like wise the traction control doesn?t seem to kick in too early and in slick mode happily allows wheelies up to 5s, if you want to really hoon around then just switch it off!. Oh and the quickshifter, honestly despite having only done about 700 mile on it now I think Im in love ha ha, can't believe I've never fitted one to my bikes before, it's bloody ace just keeping the throttle wide open whilst racing up through the gears, great stuff!!

I only had the 9k rev limit taken off yesterday at the first service but tomorrow hope to get out in it for a decent play about and will report back with my findings. Hope you enjoy your test ride, it?s meant to be warm pretty much everywhere so it should be way more fun as I know just what you mean about when it?s cold (nevermind wet!), bloody awful!!

Comment

last night my bike has been stolen from my house !!!!
                        2 cars are parked infront of the house and still ****ers forced the locks of the door and took away my bike....
                        Now the whole **** begins with getting it properly sorted with the insurance...

still can't believe some ****ing unemployed antisocial bastards entered my house and stole my blade...

Comment

2 cars are parked infront of the house and still ****ers forced the locks of the door and took away my bike....
                          Now the whole **** begins with getting it properly sorted with the insurance...

still can't believe some ****ing unemployed antisocial bastards entered my house and stole my blade...
                          Gutted

How do you know they were unemployed btw? Antisocial and B-stardo clearly but not everyone unfortunate enough to not have work goes around breaking the law

I fear for my meep 125 every night, I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now!

Comment

it was not against people that are honest and can't find a job, it about ****ing bastards stealing stuff instead of working for their money. And most people doing things like this (breaking in and stealing stuff in the middle of the night) probably have no job,
                            I work my ass off to fund my hobbies and some idiot breaks in and steals it away from me, and overhere (in NL) when such an idiot gets cought they go maybe a few weeks to jail and then they can go back to "buisiness"

Comment

Aw man that's well bad news, sorry to hear it . I once had my pride and joy nicked and the feeling is terrible. I really hope the insurance don't drag their heels too much and get you sorted in good time for the improving weather.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrr. Total scum.

I have that and a beefy chain. You need an enormous drillbit for the bolts which I got off ebay. This one is better than others because the disc hides the bolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X