No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have finally got round to doing something about getting a motorbike. Have booked the motorcycle theory test, its for the 19th of June, and Ive been swatting up on the test so hopefully it wont be too hard. If I get through that ok I will then book a CBT and then look at doing the practical test.

Comment

This will help with your theory:

Comment

Have been swatting up on the theory manual, but will check that page out...thanks!

Comment

Comment

Erm. Don't blink

Comment

Hell fire !!

Comment

my god, thats insane !

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

passed the motorcycle theory test yesterday woop woop! Found it very stressful experience so glad to get past on first attempt. Have now booked a course of motorcycle training with final module B test due in the first week of sept. Hope I can get past it ok.

Comment

good luck on that, and with any luck the damned swerve and stop will have been remedied by then too.

Comment

I heard something about that...where folk were falling off their bikes, not looking forward to that really.
                        Have been thinking about which bike I would like to get, and currently this looks most interesting

if I can pass, I will get a bike in the spring. Maybe the 2011 edition will be available then.

Comment

Jesus, that's an insane first bike.

How about something that you'll be able to tame rather than it embarrassing you?
                          i.e. something a bit ****ter. Suzuki SV or something.

Or the bandit you did your test on.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 18-06-2010, 22:08.

Comment

P.S. If you are keen on getting some weaponry like that, then do some track training. Humbling experience.

I'd say it will take 2 years of riding every day before you are ready to get the benefit of that stuff, unless you are an experienced motoX rider or something already.

However, if that's your first bike.... jealous!

Comment

I had thought about getting a more calmer bike, but the GSX seems like its quite an exciting machine...will have to see how I feel nearer the time...Suzuki SV looks ok.

Comment

How about a Super Motard instead?

Single cylinder will be great away from the line and it'll be easier to ride than the GSXR, and has a comfy seat. It can't do motorway for miles and miles, but you can ride through holes mid corner, unlike the GSXR, which will complain.

The weaponry is great for A roads and track sessions, but my next bike will be a motard because all the roads round me are either super tight bends with holes and mud, or around town (where the single-cy will leave the 4cy for dead).

There a fair few cheaper motard options than that KTM, although that one has a tiny front fairing.

Comment

Working...
                                X