No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefer V-Twins myself, for sound, power delivery etc, engine braking is quite sharp though when you shut the throttle off. Remember riding a CBR600 after riding a Twin for 6 months and the thing just rolled (in neutral) for miles

MCN do "diesel kills" type sticker campaigns now and again, but like Charles says it really is dangerous stuff - like black ice, came off a TDM850 once one the stuff, was only doing about 30, split second later was on my arse in the middle of (luckily quiet) road, was a sod picking that lump up on my own (the bike not my body).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Heard some **** on the radio yesterday that "a group of MPs" are wanting speed limiters put on motorbikes to stop motorbike accidents.... LOL. So spending billions on speed limiters isn't going to help. Useless jobsworths with nothing better to do?
      Of course it won't help, speed limiters don't stop the look but don't see brigade pulling out of junctions and r-a-bs.

The chap who's taken over running MAG should put pay to that anyway - stupidest thing I've heard in biking in a long time.

Comment

I'm still alive!!

Isn't overtaking great fun when it's so easy as it is on a bike.

I didn't cane it (much) on the way home and only got caught out by the engine breaking once so far.

Will post a picture or two whenever I get round to taking some instead of riding it!!

Comment

went yesterday first time again this year to the nordschleiffe for some much needed adrenaline !
          was thinking about changing bikes by the end of the summer or beginning of next year, I've made a test drive on the new 1000rr last week and it was absolutely brilliant, and next week I'm gonna test drive the new Aprillia 1000 R factory, to feel the difference,
          so, beginning of next year it's gonna be one of those 2 bikes.
          (my LCD tv has been put back a year to fund one of these beauties..)

Comment

you can let me borrow your old steed if you want force... i'll look after it!

Comment

Force, a friend of mine has an '06 Repsol 'blade. Amazing machine.

Finally got round to taking some decent pics of my new ride:

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

And yes, the chain does need a good clean, I tried to get some paraffin today but couldn't find any!?

Comment

SV is looking good

This is my bike, Honda Fireblade RRY (its a 2001 model) Had it for about a year now, love it!

Had a Triumph Speed Triple T509 before the 'blade, loved it too bits

Comment

Looks good Nick, very tidy indeed.

Comment

Nice colour Al. Does the chain really need cleaning? If mine gets a bit rusty, I just rag it for 10 minutes so it warms up and then oil it (the heat draws the oil around).

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

WTF? Too polluting? My bike does 50mpg under normal riding conditions and NEVER sits in traffic jams with the engine on. Piss off and concentrate on banning big 4x4s or my car.

I'm all for cutting accident rates, but surely areas that give biggest gains should be highest priority. More people die every day from being run over than in motorbike accidents.

Comment

the thing that amuses me most about that is the sheer amount of bikes vs cars... i dunno what the exact proportion is but doing that to bikes would hardly make a vast difference would it??

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Nice colour Al. Does the chain really need cleaning? If mine gets a bit rusty, I just rag it for 10 minutes so it warms up and then oil it (the heat draws the oil around).
                          Not really, there's nothing 'wrong' with the chain and it's well lubed it's just it and the sprocket are the only 'dirty' bit on the bike. Seems to let the side down a little.

Comment

nice bike you get there Al !
                            an SV is an excellent machine if you like to travel longer distances and still want to it ride sporty,

here mine :

by the end of the year it's up for sale.... my trusty Honda..

Comment

heres mine, currently waiting for its spot in bike trader as im after something a tad more modern, either a R1 or A newer gsxr1000
                              Attached Files

Comment

never tried to ride a bike but id love a royal enfield bullet or one of those jap singles srx 400 i think it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X