Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
    not been out on my bike today, but I drove this baby today for an hour (birthday present from my girl)
    how to discribe this..... OH MY GOD !! that's an absolute beast to drive, we (me and the guy that goes with the car) went to germany straight away, clocked 280km/h, and I can tell you, the acceleration is brutal ! me wants a ferrari now ! (not ever gonna happen though )
    this is one day to remember
    Bike brutal?

And happy birthday!
    Last edited by MartyG; 07-04-2007, 21:31.

Comment

You feel bike and car acceleration differently; my 420 Rover often felt quicker than my bike due to way you're pushed into the seats, even though the bike was 3 times the speed.

Comment

LOL. Just found a friend of a friend with a 690bhp Suzuki Hyabusa.

0-192mph in 7.2 seconds. (standing quarter). Obviously doesn't go round corners...

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
          Bike brutal?
          the bike is quicker, but the sensation in this ferrari was incredible, never experienced acc in a car like this, I got a kick in my back with every gear change. Hard to discribe, but it was an amazing experience.

Comment

Did 90 miles yesterday with a pillion, my wrists (specifically the right one) are killing me today (waiting for jokes).

When I'm on my own I work hard at relaxing and gripping with my knees to try and take the weight off my arms but with a pillion I find it VERY hard to relax, maybe due to the extra weight. Any suggestions?

Comment

Maybe your passenger is putting too much weight on you mate,and should be gripping with thier knees a bit more aswell?

Are they an experienced pillion rider?

Nice bike,are you having fun?

Comment

Not really experienced no, it's my gf. She knows to put weight on the tank rather than me and also usually has one hand behind on the grab handle. I think we both need to relax on the bike and it'll get easier.

Am having a blast when I'm on my own yes, still enjoyable when two up also just much harder work. Not seen a single drop of rain since I've had it either which is great, but, I do worry I'll get too used to dry running and make some mistakes when it does eventually rain (it's my every day transport see).

Comment

Are your brake/clutch levers in line with your arms? If not, you wrist will bend up which puts pressure on it. Your wrists/hands and arms should be in a straight line during normal riding.

Also, perhaps you aren't grabbing enough throttle. If you put your hands on grips straight and then ride around with the throttle open so that your wrist is bent you are asking for trouble. Instead, put hand on the grip so it's slightly curved round it, so that when you are cruising on a stready throttle it's then in the straight position.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Are your brake/clutch levers in line with your arms? If not, you wrist will bend up which puts pressure on it. Your wrists/hands and arms should be in a straight line during normal riding.

Also, perhaps you aren't grabbing enough throttle. If you put your hands on grips straight and then ride around with the throttle open so that your wrist is bent you are asking for trouble. Instead, put hand on the grip so it's slightly curved round it, so that when you are cruising on a steady throttle it's then in the straight position.
                    I had thought about the lever positions Charles yes, will maybe give them a bit of adjustment and see how I get on.

Will give the starting hand position on the throttle a go as well, sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Am having a blast when I'm on my own yes, still enjoyable when two up also just much harder work.
                      I really don't like taking pillions, I'd rather just be responsible for myself - I had it taken off my insurance cover too as it saves you a fair whack.

Oh, and this is how you don't ride a bike ( from this morning on my trip into work ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSM0Jm9C18

Comment

Was a bit cheeky eh Marty, have seen much worse. Doesn't look like you had to brake too hard though.

I lowered the brake and clutch levers on the bars a little and it seems to have helped my wrist a lot when on my own. Not tried again with a pillion recently so can't report there.

Can't seem to get on with changing the starting position on the throttle as it feels so unnatural when closing the throttle and resulted in me still being on the throttle a little once when I wanted to be off it fully.

Going for an all day blast with a mate on Thursday, hopefully doing some photography too, he's about to start a bike business. Can't wait. He better bring his Repsol blade, may be a chance to use my 'ride other bikes' cover on my insurance

Comment

Was a bit cheeky eh Marty, have seen much worse. Doesn't look like you had to brake too hard though.
                          Cos I'd lifted off the gas as he passed me when I thought it was likely he was going to pull the move - I would have hit him had I not braked, so it was a bad maneuver, and one I wouldn't recommend emulating.

Comment

Fair enough, doesn't come across so badly on the video.

Why aren't you on the bike to work anyway?

Comment

The position of the camera probably doesn't help either, but I had to scrub most of my speed off, note that he's also braking as he's coming past me, it's not only that, but if you pull that sort of move and then the entrance gets blocked for some reason, or you lose traction due to oil/diesel, or you misjudge the turn, or the car driver fails to see you, then you're ****ed as you've no escape route. Plus do that to a non-biker, and you set the opinion that all bikers do this sort of stuff. Take the extra five seconds you've saved and pull in behind instead.

I was in on the bike yesterday and will be tomorrow, need to take some things home with me tonight and clear some desk space as we've moved offices
                              Last edited by MartyG; 17-04-2007, 13:36.

Comment

He better bring his Repsol blade, may be a chance to use my 'ride other bikes' cover on my insurance
                                My advice? Don't do this if you want to keep your own bike for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X