No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should win at Durham. The Riverside in mid-September should be a fortress. The Aussies won't be able to hold the bat.

They should definitely start Onions. He's not really a one day player statistically, but it's his home patch and they've flunked this disastrous series anyway. Really they should pick Mark Davies, who's consistently Durham's best bowler. He bowls extremely tidily, conceding very few runs. When he's not taking wickets, he builds pressure for other bowlers to exploit. England don't seem to have this type of player, just slingy strike bowlers who send down a couple of HIT ME balls every over.

Comment

Other than the usual lousy shot choice and running, a win!

Comment

Yep...

Comment

England are world champions!

Easy in the end, but after Pietersen went I was worried for a few overs.
          Lovely stuff.

Comment

we seem to have suddenly got good at T20, well out 3 south africans and an irishman have.

have to confess I was looking up odds for aus on betfair when KP holed out.

Comment

Nice to see us looking so strong against the Aussies.

Still find 20/20 a mild diversion compared to tests and one days. The problem with 20/20 is that two overs of bad bowling can easily cost you a match.

Comment

Problem?!

I don't see it as a problem at all. It's all about keeping your nerve and letting your talent shine through, that applies to the batsmen as well as the bowlers.

Yeah, two bad overs might cost you a match but then another two or three good overs could also bring you right back into it. That is the beauty of Twenty20 cricket.

Like it or not, Twenty20 is rapidly becoming popular (the IPL is a great example) and rightly so.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 16-05-2010, 19:46.

Comment

England certainly spanked us! Well done England played great cricket in the tournament. Unfortunately we needed our openers to spark but the English bowlers never gave us a chance. Congratulations to the new world champs!

Let's hope this is NOT repeated at the Ashes at the end of the year :-)

Comment

Nearly time

Watched loads of Cricket this season, I sometimes think its the best sport ever, then Golf and Snooker are just as good, not to mention the darts and football and tennis and yes, I'm a sports fan like so many here.

Currently watching the India v NZ Test (5th Day) Not seen all of it as I've been following the Golf (was in China 3am and 4am starts) F Molinari Won by 1 stroke from Westie)

This test is intriguing, NZ are odds on, last day, India have built there lead to around 120, Currently 109-6. Laxman is stroking it beautifully, this could be closer than the bookies are giving it Credit - India 5's. NZ odds on.

Gripping stuff, really is.
                    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-11-2010, 03:49. Reason: Tired. Spelling. Misconstruction.

Comment

No Wicket has fallen, its all about the draw now, Bat until Lunch then take an attempt at the win would be nice.

Comment

England are looking good to win by an innings thanks to Tremlett bowling brilliantly.

Not long now chaps

(The NZ v India final test is looking good also)

Comment

I'm so excited. I've purposely slept since tea so I can stay awake and follow it properly. Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man. Nearly time.

Comment

Amazing bowling from Siddle

Comment

Fraid so...wasn't going to spam this thread with updates, but a Hattrick has to be broadcast.

Comment

Siddle wicket, again, and going off for rain now and within 15 seconds, literally, going back on, pathetic. (6/43)

Comment

Working...
                                X