Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't think we're gonna find out tonight, thats for sure

Comment

Australia need 20 to win. Bloody exciting stuff.

Comment

Couldn't have been much closer...almost feel sorry for the Australians!

Comment

I dont usually watch cricket, but this test has had me hooked, the way its ebbed and flowed has been great to watch. Flintoff has been astounding in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C
            Couldn't have been much closer...almost feel sorry for the Australians!
            Surely not.

Anyway Game ON!

Comment

Golly! that was an amazing test, what a relief too, shouted/screamed 7 times as we took the final wicket, then my eyes welled up, i'm pretty sure it was the relief of not losing as 2-0 would of been disastrous and no way back (realistically), sets it up very nice for Thursday.

Comment

I've NEVER watched a game of cricket before, but like is Flintoff like the Zindane+Ronaldinho+Terry+Davids+Shevchenko of the cricket world, because he was smashing the ball everywhere, then bowled and then took out half of the .au by himself....

Comment

Flintoff's very similar to Botham. A very destructive if not always consistent batsman and worth his place in the side just for his bowling. He could be a better bowler than Botham, he's got pace, accuracy and now he's swinging the ball. He's the best allrounder in cricket today, 2 cricketers in 1.

It's extra nice that they won after all the mouthing off thats come from the Australian camp. Mcgrath kept saying same old England 5-0 to us before the series and even alot of the English press weren't giving them much chance.

Comment

Amazing test match. Nail biting right to the end. Australia are certainly a different team without McGrath, it will be interesting to see whether he plays again this series. The momentum is with England now, hopefully it will be 1981 all over again (the last time England levelled an Ashes series).

Comment

My only worry would be the boost Australia get from running the test so close after they should have been down and out.

Comment

If anything it might deflate them more, they were that close...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think perhaps Bell needs to be replaced on Thursday, shame as he is obviously talented but hasn't performed well so far (although he wasn't actually out in the second innings as he didn't hit the ball!).

I would like to see Collingwood come in - he is a useful swing bowler, decent bat and probably the greatest fielder in the world right now. If not Collingwood then Robert Key (scored runs against Aussies before) or possibly Ed Joyce (looking good at County level - might be worth a shout). Cant see Super Chris Tremlett getting a game, unless they dump Hoggard, which won't happen.....

if it wasn;t for his captaincy, Vaughan would not get in the side on merit at the moment.

Comment

In agreement with Bell. I think Mark Butcher should get a call up, he got injured and never got a chance again. Like Key he can score big runs against the Aussies, he made 173 not out in the 2001 ashes. Quite a while back though!

Comment

not taking anything away from the great win, but funny how no-one has mentioned that Kasper.... wasn't actually out (both hands weren't on the bat when the ball hit meaning not out)

Comment

You will always get iffy decisions though David.

Anyways, Pietersen was given out as caught in the second innings with the ball failing to touch either his bat or glove!!

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X