• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie pricks

Comment

5am start

Comment

Can't believe Phillip Hughes has passed away overnight. What a sad event.

Comment

Very sad. Feel awful for poor Sean Abbott.

Comment

Cricket Thread

Yeah, not something he'll get over, it would make me consider not playing again after something like this.

wonder if helmets will get a redesign now after this tragic accident.

Comment

Sure they will, not seen where he was hit exactly but guess it was under the helmet coverage area.

re the bowler, yes this will always be in the back of his mind, bet there will be quite a few bouncers bowled in cricket in the future too.

Comment

Poor form that this thread has been so quiet during the world cup.

Is it impolite of me to resurrect ??

Comment

Astounding levels of ignorance and arrogance from the selectors and coaches. An utter refusal to adapt and demonstrate flexibility has led to a predictable humiliation. The media and former players have warned from the first ball that changes in selection, strategy, mentality, and attitude were required to drag the English game into the same arena as other nations, but England have failed miserably and paid the price. Utter crap. Moores is a woeful failure - he Skanked up England, then Lancashire, now England again. About time he got demoted from 'promising young coach' to 'useless duck-egg who bollockses up everything he goes near'.

Comment

Have to agree with 'the pundits'
                    we are so far behind everyone- we look to be playing a different game.

why moores seemed to have a go at the younger guys Lord knows.

Comment

A very sad day for cricket fans around the world.

I learned of Richie Benaud's passing late last night and have been reflecting on it all day. He really was a superb commentator. I remember first getting into cricket in the early 90s, when England were bloody awful. It is a testament to the man behind the microphone that I never once felt like he was biased towards the Aussies during the Ashes.

His impartiality was part of his huge appeal, as well as his affable nature and crisp, astute commentating style. I've always preferred the understated, quieter, reflective style of people like Benaud and Barry Davies. These guys prefer to let the action do the talking, and only contribute something if it adds to the picture. This assumes the viewer to be vaguely intelligent and awake. A far cry from the bombardment of cliches and trivia offered by the more hysterical and patronising commentary styles of others.

The man was the face of cricket in my childhood and commentary in this country suffered a great loss when he departed. I enjoy Aggers and Henry, but Benaud was the best. Reading Agnew's comments about Richie's unflappable style, kindness and knowledge, intelligent wit, and love for the game, it's true that the sport has lost a stylish player, a wonderful commentator, and a great ambassador.

Comment

Fitting post prinny, I remember him fondly too, probably from the late eighties onwards, never even thought about his impartialness until you mentioned it to be honest. He came across as a top bloke all round.

RIP Richie.

Comment

Yep nice comments about RB, I remember him from the seventies he was the sound of the summer along with Dan Maskell.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            Hey ShadowDancer, here's a prospect for you to keep your eye on:

Ben Stokes from Durham

Only just about to turn 20, lhb, all-rounder, he's got season stats so far of:

Over 600 runs at 55.36 av
                            Three centuries
                            17 wickets at 33.00 av

Also hit 150 n.o. in a pro40 match last week.
                            Back in 2011. Prinny Scouting Radar (PISR) comes up trumps. Still a lot to learn, though.

Comment

Hell of a couple of days play in the second test, won't post any scores in case anyone is hanging on for the highlights tonight, do they still show highlights actually?

Comment

Been following Cricket as always...I'll say nothing then VR Just in-case.
                                Test Match Special Online if you're working or without Sky

Comment

Working...
                                X