No announcement yet.

Get yer cats out for the lads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my cat I hasten to add (haven't had one for a few years now...). Just found it on Keg. Is this photoshopped I wonder?

Comment

my cats acting daft

Comment

bassman that link doesn't seem to work...forbids access.

wicky those pics are great! though that second one looks a little dodgy.. cute tho.

Comment

Try this

Comment

yep thats works, thats a cute pic. I reckon photshopping could be ahoy there but could also be real..

Comment

On reflection that mouse does look rather small.

Comment

They grow up so fast dont they - Neko is about 14 months old now, comparing his pictures as a kitten to him now always surprises me.

Then -

Comment

And now -

Comment

Neko is beautiful - that third picture of him as a kitten is so cute.

Comment

Me and the gf have just had to hold down Lucky and extract something that had got embedded in the length of his jaw.

There was lots and lots of green puss, a lot of hissing, some salt water to wash the wound, more hissing, and a huge lump of hard crap removed from down in his jaw line (might even been a part of another cats claw but it was hard to tell).

Managed to get it all out, but he's gone to hide under the bed now where we can't get him. Poor little bugger.

The joys of owning a pet aye?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                        Me and the gf have just had to hold down Lucky and extract something that had got embedded in the length of his jaw.

There was lots and lots of green puss, a lot of hissing, some salt water to wash the wound, more hissing, and a huge lump of hard crap removed from down in his jaw line (might even been a part of another cats claw but it was hard to tell).

Managed to get it all out, but he's gone to hide under the bed now where we can't get him. Poor little bugger.

The joys of owning a pet aye?
                        what was it that was embedded in his jaw? if i was you i'd take him to the vet, puss is a sign of an infection he might need some antibiotics

Comment

Looked like it might have been a claw. It was hard and slightly hook shaped - I doubt it was one of his own so he's probably been scrapping with the neighbours again.

I'll have to wait till he emerges from under the bed to get another look at him, but you're right that a trip to the vet might be in order tommorow morning

edit: maybe the spider got him
                          Last edited by Spatial; 05-08-2005, 19:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                            edit: maybe the spider got him
                            now you've got the perfect excuse to kill it

It is hard to tell what caused the injury, might have been a cat but most cat fight injuries normally appear on on the backside as cats curl up when they fight, but theres always a chance that a rival cat caught its claw in your cats jaw. As you said your cat was hissing and probably putting up a fight when you tried to take a closer look at its wound, so its in obvious discomfort, if i was you i would take it to the vet just to be sure.

Comment

Yeah, take it to the vet just to be sure. If it's cut inside its mouth then that could get infected, make it painful to eat etc. It's better to be safe and take him to the vets

Comment

They will probably put a bit of cream and a plaster on it, and charge you ?200

Talking of which, I always used PetPlan insurance for my cat, but the premium has jumped from 12 a month to 20, apparently because of the type of cat he is :/

Comment

Working...
                                X