No announcement yet.

Show us your dogs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Sorry Dogg. Had to put my First dog down three or four years ago. Not a nice thing but it has to be done.

Comment

That's sad dude, sorry. I've been through it a couple of times and it's never easy - it's like letting a part of your life go, particularly when you've had them for such a long part of your life.

Comment

Thanks guys. It stinks, doesn't it? I don't know how I'm going to be able to go through with it if he wags his tail...

Comment

I know exactly how you feel, I had to put my dog Tiger down about a month back. I was really upset but our lass was even worse. It's amazing how much a part of your life they become. If it's any consolation I was with our dog when he was put down and it was so simple, painless, peaceful and quick.
          Good luck, and after it is done you will know you have done the right thing for your dog.
          This is the first time I have been able to come into this thread since putting him down because I knew it would upset me.

Comment

I'm really not sure I can go through with this now. He was really perky when I went home last night, wagging his tail and generally looking alive. I've seen dogs around that seem far older than him. Am I doing this too early?

The vet said over a month ago that it was time to do this but I'm just not sure. If this was a person, it would be called accessory to murder. Bloody hell, I hate this. I woke up hoping he'd have died in his sleep so that I wouldn't be the one to do it.

Comment

As long as my Ruby is able to walk, poo, pee, eat, wag tail and lick my face, she won't be being put down.

As long as your dog does all of the above, then it's happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I'm really not sure I can go through with this now. He was really perky when I went home last night, wagging his tail and generally looking alive. I've seen dogs around that seem far older than him. Am I doing this too early?

The vet said over a month ago that it was time to do this but I'm just not sure. If this was a person, it would be called accessory to murder. Bloody hell, I hate this. I woke up hoping he'd have died in his sleep so that I wouldn't be the one to do it.
                I can't imagine for a moment the vet would have recommended this course of action if he didn't feel it was in the best interests of your dog. He has nothing to gain from doing this (In fact arguably he has something to lose), why recommend it for any other reason?

It's completely natural to be questioning your decision though, don't worry. If I were you I'd get back in touch with the vet and talk about your concerns, see what they say.

Comment

Good advice, 45, I'll do that. Yeah, it's such a tough call that, even if it was absolutely the right thing to do, I couldn't help question it.

Edit: It's done. It was really peaceful. I'm really upset though. I'm going to miss the little guy so much. He was my best buddy for so long.
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-06-2008, 19:42.

Comment

That's actually gut-wrenching. It may be selfish but I can't help but imagine myself in that situation with one of my stoopid cats, and it doesn't bear thinking about. Losing a pet is totally awful, you are more devastated than you feel you should have any right to be.

Comment

Has been too long!

Someone went head first into a ditch today.

Comment

Heh, a lovely pic.

Comment

Another dirty dog today. First throw of the ball and his head pops up like that.

Comment

Here is a picture of my new dog Dave taken at his Christmas dog training party. He is a bit bigger now as he is nearly 9 months old. He is a massive baby and loves chewing things still.

Comment

Looks like your pulled another cracker there YM.

Comment

Here is my two. Molly and her pup Mable taken around xmas time.

Comment

Working...
                                X