Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C - I like the shots. They are very similar to ones I get down the beach too I like the second one, very calming.

Ish - nice again. I think you could photoshop the second one slightly and clear away the black mark in the top left, I find it a little distracting.

Comment

Its my finger

Yeah I was toying with the idea of doing that. A job for the weekend I think!

Comment

Pete - what ISO is that gig shot? It's not too noisy considering it must have been fairly high?

Wish my camera coped with higher ISO better.

Comment

That's at 1200, the max on my 350d. It's pretty good at high iso, though you can still see the noise in a larger pic. It's a shame his hand and guitar fade into nothing so quickly, looks a bit odd. The lighting was (as you can imagine) all over the shop, yet the room was dark and I wasn't allowed to use a flash!

Comment

Seems Canon made a big step up with ISO noise after the 300d (mine). It's really noisy at 800 and much worse than yours at 1200.

Should be off for an attempt at motorsport shots this w/e. Will post anything good that comes of it

Comment

Can the canon change ISOs in 1/2 EV steps then? 1200 seems like an odd max setting.

Comment

Didn't actually know what my max rating was when I replied to Pete, just assumed he was right, have looked it up now and it's actually 1600 like you would assume. Same for the 350d.

Comment

Yeah, that's right.

Just testing.

Comment

My take on a mosaic - modern day style. You need to click through to flickr and view it in the original hi-res for the full effect.

(for the curious - its an extreme close up on an LCD screen - I'm quite pleased with the clarity of it on the full size image as you can see the little pixel making things!)

Comment

While I'm here. Flashguns on Nikons. Anyone use one. I'm thinking of getting one and a synch cable for some off camera lighting. Anyone got any experiences of this and any recommendations. I've been looking at the Nikon SB-800 - buts its 250 quid.

Oh and in other photography news. I've had a great couple of weeks. Last week someone at work asked if they could have the hi-res originals of a couple of my shots for blowing up onto canvas for there flat. And today I've been "commissioned" to do a shot of some wine glasses for someone for a christmas present for there girlfriend. Oooo its given me warm fuzzy feelings!

Comment

Great thread guys, some proper photographers among us. I bought a reasonable camera recently, but haven't a clue how to use it properly. Here are a few pics that I like, one or two made their way onto the Lotus Owners Club calendar for next year.

I can't wait for winter now I have a camera that can capture how beautiful a season it is.

Comment

Nice pics. Particularly the ones with the car in. Is it yours?

Comment

Where they taken?

Look really good, like the bottom one, looks impressive!

Comment

pissing about earlier this evening on the way to the shops.

Comment

Ish, good work getting people interested in your pics. Any cash involved, you could call yourself a pro then I've still to make the leap of selling a shot but am working on it.

Bada Bing - nice car and nice shots, need to work on the horizon on the last one though (I'm guessing the car was actually parked slightly uphill and you wanted it straight).

Your lucky to have such stunning scenery nearby. It's on my list to visit Scotland again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X