Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no money involved. I think I just have very encouraging friends and colleagues! Most of them are probably just amazed to see me not have my head in a computer for a change....

Comment

A few shots from last night. I went to a firework display. Unfortunately I took completely the wrong lens for the job. I've not been to a display for years and I thought they'd be miles away but the buggers were right on top of me. So I just experimented and treated it as a learning experience for night time environment.

Been out in some woods again today. Processing the photos now. The conclusion I've come to is that capturing autumn colours in the darkness of woodland is damn damn hard! Still I'll keep persisting and hopefully before the season ends I'll have something I'm happy with.

Favourite so far is this one because I like the colours:

And more shrooms:

Last edited by Ish; 04-11-2006, 20:01.

Comment

Some shots taken at the local fair tonight...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gareth C; 04-11-2006, 20:33.

Comment

And some more...
          Attached Files

Comment

I get an error viewing that third picture (the one with the star). Love the choice of black and white though for your second shot. And I'm guessing (from what I can see) that it suits the third shot too.

Comment

Strange, it works fine for me but the thumbnail on my computer is corrupt! Have replaced it now.

Comment

Works for me now. Nice shot

Comment

My lame attempts at faux tilt shift using PS.

Last edited by Richard.John; 07-11-2006, 03:15.

Comment

Its a nice effect and that shot is done well!

I ain't been up to much recently with the camera, was hoping to do some fireworks shot. but life stepped in to change our plans!.

Anyway, cute shots of my daughter

Cute
                    Cute 2

Comment

GT,

Your daughter is really cute! You must be a proud man.

Tilt shift is weird as it's just an optical illusion but it works so well that it leaves many scratching their heads in amazement, me included.
                      Last edited by Richard.John; 05-11-2006, 06:56.

Comment

Saw a tilt an shift lens in jessops yesterday, maybe i'll pick it up one if i've a lot of spare cash!

Until then i'll have a bash on Photoshop (unless you can't do it on elements).

I do like the effect, Daisuki has done a few of these in the past.

The daughter is lovely btw, sometimes like satan but thats the terrible twos for you.

Comment

I just used this guide.

Comment

Thanks for the link, i've bookmarked the page and will have a go, though i think elements doesn't do curves. I might have to wait until i buy CS3

Comment

The curves are only to apply the plastic look, but you can create the toy 'effect' with gradient and blur.

Comment

Some nice shots recently guys

I went to Goodwood yesterday to look at the cars. Saw some planes too:

Shame I just missed the end of the last one.

Cars to follow but will probably be tomorrow now.

Comment

Working...
                                X