Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back onto the homo-eroticism here's a self portrait of my good self.

Comment

I went out with the 28mm this evening and got a few shots with the setting sun ...

This last one was slightly desaturated and grained a little to give it the old rustic feel - really benefits from viewing the larger pic on click through.
      Last edited by MartyG; 11-07-2007, 21:09.

Comment

The reflections are amazing.

I like the last one most though - great lighting. The last one has become the fifth
        Last edited by Ish; 12-07-2007, 06:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
          Going back onto the homo-eroticism here's a self portrait of my good self.

I never imagined you to look like that.

Comment

Like the 2nd and 5th ones Marty. Could be very cool with a little 'graded' processing (you know, bit of a 70's feel). Hard to get that kind of haze with modern lenses!

Ish, if by homo-erotic you mean a cross between Andy bell and a psycho then yes! Nice photo though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
              I never imagined you to look like that.
              Like what? Pasty?

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C View Post
                Like the 2nd and 5th ones Marty. Could be very cool with a little 'graded' processing (you know, bit of a 70's feel). Hard to get that kind of haze with modern lenses!
                Cheers. The fifth one is my favourite too - but it's not getting much traffic on flickr which is a shame - I guess the thumb nail doesn't do it justice as the effect is very subtle and you can't really see it small. Thinking of getting it printed large for the wall actually.

I'm not sure what you mean by the graded processing, perhaps you could point me at an example.

The lens is quite superb, the colour saturation is fantastic on it, and it has some very nice bokeh with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                  The reflections are amazing.

I like the last one most though - great lighting. The last one has become the fifth
                  I am not too sure, although I think my minds eye picture of you has been clouded by Spock.

Comment

That's a bit freaky Ish.

Great reflections and colours Marty.

About the best you can do when someone wants to stay anonymous:

I've seen this shot done a lot from graf photographers, why not have a go myself, I never claimed to be original!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      I went out with the 28mm this evening and got a few shots with the setting sun ...

My favourite photographs have always and always will be sunset and landscape and what you have done to me with those three absolutely outstanding photos (out of the bunch) is made me literally gasp especially the first two.

Such a bloody, bloody brilliant effort Marty.

Comment

Thanks very much - I currently have that bottom one as my desktop picture

I also took my £12 Vivitar 3345 ( 1.3 megapixel brand new from aria.co.uk ) camera with me and took a couple of pics with that ... it's my on-going quest to prove you don't need £Ks of equipment to get nice shots. This one below was taken with it.

Comment

Another self portrait. I look a little less like a psycho in this one (more of a sensitive poet) but still not like Spock.

Last edited by Ish; 12-07-2007, 19:58.

Comment

Another couple from yesterday - I didn't think these ones were quite as good, so they got uploaded to Picasa rather than flickr.

Last edited by MartyG; 12-07-2007, 18:30.

Comment

I like the first three, nice and hazy/dreamy in the same way as the ones I liked from the last batch.
                              Would love to see the 3rd one again but with the foreground plants clear of the background trees.

Still trying to find some good examples of the grading/processing that I mentioned before...

Oh, and Marty, was was that comment you left for me at flickr? I didn't get what you were referring to...
                              Last edited by Gareth C; 12-07-2007, 19:13.

Comment

Really? You've surely seen Demolition Man.

Originally posted by Gareth C View Post
                                Would love to see the 3rd one again but with the foreground plants clear of the background trees.
                                I did try, I have several shots, it just wasn't possible with the lens; something longer would probably have been better. There's also a telegraph pole in the background :/
                                Last edited by MartyG; 12-07-2007, 19:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X