• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of Obama's inauguration taken with a 1474 megapixel camera:

Click to see and zoom.

Comment

Look at all them grumpy white folk!

Comment

Christ that's an amazing picture - I was able to zoom in and see what colour tie Obama was wearing........it's red by the way!

Comment

The guy on the podium seems happy.

Comment

Did they take this incase he was assassinated? Would save them digging up Teh Costnar and his wooden stick thingys....

Comment

Look at the middle of the photo - there's a big spotlight thing - go right, and follow along to the end of the long building, and right there is what looks like a sniper team...

Comment

Just below that there is a skinny guy in a red and white stripped jumper and hat.

Comment

If you mean Wally, surely he is just behind teh Prez..(next to the dude in the wheelchair) - doesn't the Dubya stand for Wally ?

Comment

2 from today.

Inside..

and Out..

Comment

Originally posted by Garf View Post
                      2 from today.

Inside..

That is absolutely top notch matey, great perspective and DoF

Comment

There's a spiral staircase inside Nelson's Column?! I never knew that! Great shots as always Garf - the staircase one really is stunning! How did you wangle getting inside?

Comment

Its Monument. Nice pics.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySteve View Post
                            That is absolutely top notch matey, great perspective and DoF
                            Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                            There's a spiral staircase inside Nelson's Column?! I never knew that! Great shots as always Garf - the staircase one really is stunning! How did you wangle getting inside?
                            Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            Its Monument. Nice pics.
                            Cheers all. Yep, as spagmasterswift said, it's Monument. Just opened up again after a major refurbishment, so popped in after work on Saturday.

3 quid to get in and climb to the top, and well worth it for the views. Going to back at some point, but will probably just use my old compact for photos as it's easier to poke that through the 'anti-jump' net they've strung up all round - the mesh gets in the way for photos.

Comment

I've decided to get my lens (Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 [Nikon fit]) next week from Warehouse Express as they have it for £273.99 with free next day delivery. My boss has used them before and says they are actually ok, but that it is worth phoning to check the accuracy of online supposed stock levels first - so I shall do that.

Shame I've had to wait for payday though, as up until yesterday, they had a refurbed one at £199.99 and that would have saved me a lot - nevermind, who knows what'll happen in the next week?!

Comment

I've just bought one of these. They've had good write-ups across the web but you guys seem to know more about these things than Joe Public.

Also, how much better are lithium batteries than normal alkaline AA's? Is their claim of five times more pics ever so slightly exaggerated?

Comment

Working...
                                X