X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, you are SO gonna fit in here... :P

Comment

Hi all, I've been pointed in this direction by a gaming buddy, hoping to find a friendly multi-format community.
      Seems nice enough after ten minutes ; )

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your stay

Comment

Yep, welcome and make yourself comfortable.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

I've noticed many have Belushi avatars. Is it some stock thing, or are you all fanatics?

Comment

Theres a whole load of Blues brothers Avs on the site. I havent got around to uploading one, and anyway, I have seen the light!

Comment

Welcome to the mad house.

You may as well sort out an overdraft with your bank now as this forum WILL convince you to buy game after game after game!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm Adam, i'm 26 years old and I work as a Retail Manager and a Professional Wrestling commentator (although I tend to keep the last one quiet).

I was a long time lurker, reading mainly the retro forums and decided to sign up because I love the 'post everytime you get anything retro' thread, as I currently am spending way more money than i'm earning due to a horrible accident in my retro games room a few weeks ago.

Basically, I had a small electrical fire, causing over £2000 worth of damage (loss of Sony 32" CRT, which i'll never be able to replace, Sony laptop, W800i phone, Sega Saturn, Japanese N64, PAL Dreamcast, Neo-Geo CD, PC Engine Duo and a few other machines and LOADS of games). The insurance company said it was lucky my living room setup didn't catch fire, as losing a PS3 (and I quote) "would be much worse than losing all those old machines". I actually wanted to cry. And kill him. Dead.

So, as I now rush out buying things I had before and many things I didn't, I thought I might be able to contribute something to the forums along the way (plus, I do play new games too).

...so if anyone sees a PCE Duo/Duo-R/Duo-RX or Virtual Boy going cheap, spare this down on his luck man a thought.

Comment

I would LOVE to be a wrestling colour commentator. I even look like an overweight wrestler, ffs. Welcome to the forum (befriends new member to try and steal job)

Who do you commentate for?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                      I would LOVE to be a wrestling colour commentator. I even look like an overweight wrestler, ffs. Welcome to the forum (befriends new member to try and steal job)

Who do you commentate for?
                      ...and after looking at your picture, you certainly look scary enough to be involved in wrestling. Take my job, you are clearly bigger than me

I commentate for 1PW.

Comment

Wow. 1PW, eh?

How could I get into that? I trained for a bit down with Mark Sloan a good few years back but gave up due to life commitments. I can cut a promo with the best of them, son.

Comment

Wow. 1PW, eh?

How could I get into that? I trained for a bit down with Mark Sloan a good few years back but gave up due to life commitments. I can cut a promo with the best of them, son.
                          Isn't it amazing the people you bump into on message boards? A trainee of Mark Sloan? Mark and many of his trainees wrestle on our shows. You should come down to the 1PW Academy (Sundays in Doncaster) if you want to take it back up, we have trainees at different levels of ability (some have been around for a couple of years) all trained by Keith Myatt and a wealth of guest trainers (including upcoming training with ROH and NOAH wrestler Nigel McGuiness).

If you're interesed, let me know, we often have open days. Who else was in your class when you trained?

Comment

I only attended a few sessions down in the Portsmouth gym. Flatliner was there one time (lol I genuinely believe he is insane), and a couple of other lads who went on to do reasonably well if I remember. I had hair when I was there, and wasn't as fat.

Sadly my in-ring days are probably over (at 27 - sobs). Plus I live in Saaarfhaaampton so my chances of a regular trip to Donny are slim, mate. Shame - Nigel Mcguinness is fricking awe-suurm.

I would be better in a managerial or colour commentary role I reckon. Hang on - you aren't that Anthony whotsit whatsit who does color, are you?

Comment

I only attended a few sessions down in the Portsmouth gym. Flatliner was there one time (lol I genuinely believe he is insane), and a couple of other lads who went on to do reasonably well if I remember. I had hair when I was there, and wasn't as fat.

Sadly my in-ring days are probably over (at 27 - sobs). Plus I live in Saaarfhaaampton so my chances of a regular trip to Donny are slim, mate. Shame - Nigel Mcguinness is fricking awe-suurm.

I would be better in a managerial or colour commentary role I reckon. Hang on - you aren't that Anthony whotsit whatsit who does color, are you?
                              Nigel is indeed godlike.

You should find a school near you (and anyway, its never too late to train again, Batista didn't start until he was 30-odd), most offer some form of Manager training, no idea on the easy route to commentary however, I just sort of fell into it by accident. I'm also a heel manager, I manager current 1PW Openweight Champion James Wallace (the former Jay Phoenix).

You should come to 1PW Invincible, August 18th at the Doncaster Dome [/end plug], where McGuinness is facing Darren Burridge 2/3 falls. No, thankfully i'm not Anthony Kingdom James, he was released quite a while back.

Comment

LOL funny how people fall into things by accident, innit? I fell into being involved with videogames and this website by total accident after an impulse retro games purchase. Now I bloody write about games for magazines and stuff. But being involved in the wrasslin has always been an ambition of mine. You are a lucky man.

Comment

Working...
                                X