Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome guys. Good to have you onboard! Don't forget to post in "First Play", it's a great way to express your tastes and wishes in Games.

Cheers

C_S

Comment

Hi

Stewart, 28, West Yorks UK.

Mainly a Sega collector/gamer but i have a healthy interest in quite a few other consoles. Big N64 fan, especially Goldeneye, which i spent most of my youth playing while i should have been at school. Also a big fan of the PS2, just finished TimeSplitters 3, great game, although i'm probably biased being a fan of the teams work.

I haven't ventured into the current gen market yet, i play all 3 on a regular basis but haven't seen anything so far that has made me go "Wow, i need one of them". I will probably go for the PS3 eventually, mainly because i've enjoyed playing some of the series' on PS2, and Gran Turismo looks very nice.

Comment

heh, only just spotted this so thought i'd better say a proper hello!

I'm director of research for an internet security company, and we do a lot of work with law enforcement across the globe to shut down / expose / make life hell for cyber criminals, paedophile groups, hackers, adware pushers etc. i speak about a lot of the research at security conferences, and i tend to annoy a lot of bad guys out there so the territory comes with the odd death threat, hassle and various other bits of grief. before i got into net security, i was working in the arts and did everything from painting canvases to waving a stick at a few orchestras. for anyone interested in net security, you can see a list of security related stuff i've done here.

if it wasn't for games and computers, i'd probably not have had the technical skills to get into security in the first place (I have no IT qualifications, but spent a lot of time learning how to program extremely bad text based adventure games as a kid!)

so i have a decent rebuttal whenever someone tells me playing games is "a waste of time"

Comment

I must have missed this thread as well

Anyway I'm Nathan, 19, male and from Australia.

I like RPG's mainly but will play basically anything I am put infront of.

I am a retro gamer as well, so lots of older games and systems

Comment

Welcome Nathan, Nice to have an Austrailan gamer on here!

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Hi

I'm Hugo, I'm 18 and I'm from Portugal.

I am a videogame enthusiast since I was 6, and a big Nintendo fan. I have a Wii, a GC, a DS, a Gameboy Color, a Mega Drive and a computer, of course. Nonetheless, the DS and the computer will be my only gaming systems soon, as I will move to the UK in order to study at the University of Manchester.

Lately I have been playing mostly Pikmin 2 and Viewtiful Joe 2, although they disappointed me a little bit when comparing to the first ones.

In terms of favourite genres... I like good games.

Comment

Hi Hugo,

Anybody who is a Gamecube fan is OK with me!!!

Comment

Hey, new here found the site through another gaming forum. Currently have an Xbox 360 but been playing games since my Dragon 32! so quite some time.

Great looking forum!

Comment

Welcome. It's the best (only) forum I've been to all week. You made the right choice.

Which other gaming forum was crazy enough to pimp us?

Comment

Welcome Bruce............ you will be a Blue, before you know it..........

Look forward to hearing yah thoughts on here man!

Comment

Hello all, im Martin 27 from bournemouth.

I own a PS2, Xbox and a PSP. Oh and a Cube and DC which are both tucked away. Big into my J-RPGs. Final Fantasy(12 in particular), Chrono, Xenosaga and so on.

Also into FIFA for some bizarre reason as im a die hard PES fan but FIFA is just better this year.

Some of my fav titles are....

Chrono Cross
                        FF12
                        Tobal No 1
                        Rez
                        Axelay
                        Super Metroid
                        FF8

all i can think of off the top of my head.
                        Last edited by nakamura; 20-12-2008, 17:40.

Comment

Welcome, you should be right at home here

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Welcome. It's the best (only) forum I've been to all week. You made the right choice.

Which other gaming forum was crazy enough to pimp us?
                            Lol I saw the name of this forum through www.rllmukforum.com another site I stumbled upon, so its all good

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Daniel.I've been lurking around this site nearly everyday for about 5 years(lol).I've decided to join this site because there seems to be very little fanboy wars on this site compared to 99% of the others out there.Seems to be an 'older' crowd around these parts.A little about myself,I'm 33 live in Christchurch NZ and been gaming for 10 years.(My first console was the N64).I currently own

4 Dreamcasts(2 PAL 2 NTSC)
                              N64
                              Gamecube
                              Wii
                              DS
                              PS1
                              PSP
                              Xbox
                              Xbox360

The Dreamcast and 360 get the most workout in this household now.Thanks for looking and I'll see you in the forums.

Comment

Good to have you, Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                                X