Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not new exactly, but I registered here nearly 3 years back and didn't post since.

So, er, hi again. No need for any 'welcome backs' really, I recognise half the people here off the Retro Gamer forum anyway.

Comment

Heh. How come you decided to post now?

Comment

New guy

Hi, my names Daniel. I was recommended this forum through a guy that I work with. I have been scanning through various threads, an awesome place indeed

Comment

Welcome Dan. This is a cool and friendly place so don't feel scared of joining in with the banter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
            Welcome Dan. This is a cool and friendly place so don't feel scared of joining in with the banter.
            I think I'm going to start a campaign for positive language. So many people use negative language and although it may seem inconsequential, the subconcious difference it makes is substantial. So rather than "don't feel scared" (OMG, should I be scared???), I'd go with "go ahead and join in with..." (oh, I think I will).

It's an issue that is especially prevelant in children's TV I have noticed. "Don't forget to come back soon!" (should be "Remember to come back soon"). Or in business: "Don't hesitate to call me" (no one will ever call you - instead try "call me straight away" - people do what they hear and if they hear "hesitate", they will!).

And if new boy Dan is still posting after this rant, then well played.

Comment

Enjoy Dan, good to see you getting in to the retro threads right away.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I think I'm going to start a campaign for positive language. So many people use negative language and although it may seem inconsequential, the subconcious difference it makes is substantial. So rather than "don't feel scared" (OMG, should I be scared???), I'd go with "go ahead and join in with..." (oh, I think I will).

It's an issue that is especially prevelant in children's TV I have noticed. "Don't forget to come back soon!" (should be "Remember to come back soon"). Or in business: "Don't hesitate to call me" (no one will ever call you - instead try "call me straight away" - people do what they hear and if they hear "hesitate", they will!).

And if new boy Dan is still posting after this rant, then well played.
                Jesus, did you skip a meal or something?
                You know you get cranky when you don't eat properly

Welcome Dan

Comment

Hi all I'm Catherine, was recommended the forums by Chopemon and I also know Dan who just joined I also recognise a few familiar people on here as well, so off to a great start I suppose!

Huge fan of games and especially collecting, going to have lots of fun in the "what have you bought recently thread", as well as over the rest of the forums.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Comment

Welcome to the spaz pool new folk.

Comment

Welcome Catherine etc.

Oh and....

'How you doin'

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                        Welcome Catherine etc.

Oh and....

'How you doin'

Down boy!

Hopefully Catherine is actually a man's name, Like John Wayne's real name being Marion, not that it would stop you.

Anyway, welcome Catherine, are you going to be another retro regular like Dan?

Comment

Hello, I like your name.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            Down boy!

Hopefully Catherine is actually a man's name, Like John Wayne's real name being Marion, not that it would stop you.

Anyway, welcome Catherine, are you going to be another retro regular like Dan?
                            Haha in my case it's not a man's name

I am an all-round collector however sadly my older games aren't getting the love and attention that they used to as they live in a different house to me So I'm generally playing new games atm, but am picking up great games when I see them. Hopefully one day I'll live in a house and can devote a room to consoles and storing them properly as currently they're in wardrobes and boxes, except for the extra special ones that are on show in a nice bookcase.

Plus it's harder for me to find old games in the wild now that everyone's about the new consoles and not many shops stock them.

I was in Games TM though back in the day when they had some great Retro Corners so if anyone has the awesome Okami issue (which I found out was the worst selling issue ¬__&#172 check it out and see a scary picture of me and my sis!

I'll probably be found most when I have the time in the off-topic, general and retro gaming

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            Hello, I like your name.
                            I cannot wait for Catherine to come out! plus a game with my name is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Catmoo View Post
                              Hi all I'm Catherine, was recommended the forums by Chopemon and I also know Dan who just joined I also recognise a few familiar people on here as well, so off to a great start I suppose!

Huge fan of games and especially collecting, going to have lots of fun in the "what have you bought recently thread", as well as over the rest of the forums.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone
                              Weclome Catmoo. If you are friends with Chopey, then that's good enough for me! As a retro fan i'm sure you've seen the Retro section especially the "post anytime you get something Retro" here: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=34853

In terms of a vibe for the forum, i'd say it's full of grumpy old men who are never satisfied with anything. We might sometimes get hissy with each other but the Mods do a great job to keep order here. When they're not trolling of course.

Hopefully you will get past the "Baaa humbug i'd give it 6 out of 10" vibe, and enjoy your stay. A good number of us have stuck with the site for many years, and if you like it here and want to support the place you can choose "blue membership" for a fiver a year. That opens up some competitions and a hidden sub-forum where we get even more old & grumpy about things like the trading forum rules.

Speaking of which, you need to be an active member for some time before the trade forum is opened up to you. Simple rules for trading include: Great prices & don't ever, ever EVER rip anyone off.

C_S
                              Grumpy member since 2003. Representing Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by Catmoo View Post
                                I was in Games TM though back in the day when they had some great Retro Corners so if anyone has the awesome Okami issue (which I found out was the worst selling issue ?__?) check it out and see a scary picture of me and my sis!

Was that a PS1 colection? I seem to remember it, and perhaps still have said issue somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X