No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. His face when he sheepishly revealed to us that his missus used to date Hard Gay was priceless.

Comment

Okay, here are some I've been waiting a reasonable amount of time to bust out. This year:
      - I failed to meet Bruce Campbell
      - got a nod from Nelly
      - got a smile from the mother from How I Met Your Mother
      - didn't recognise Jeffrey Donovan (guy from Burn Notice)
      - refused to give Kirsten Dunst booze...on her birthday (bonus points for that one please!)

Comment

My Dad gave a taxi tour of Belfast to Ed Graham from The Darkness; he was very nice and down to earth but he didn't bother with a tip!

Comment

Seeing this thread has reminded me of a couple.

Back before we were married, the now Mrs Teddy and I were in London and we had one of those awkward pavement dances with Patsy Kensit as she left a studio in Soho Square.

During my time with Starbucks I made drinks for Frank Skinner and his agent / manager.

Comment

I made a pot of tea for The Krankies

Comment

I've seen various Japanese celebrity types but to me they are nothing more than factory generated fodder and that includes the likes of Arashi mentioned in the post above. Western wise, I met and mingled with the group, Space back in 1997. I also served and had a good chat with none other than Rik Mayall. It was fantastic as I had only just saw him the night before live at the Liverpool Empire doing Bottom Live 2. At the time he was buying classical music CD's in HMV.

My dad has the biggest one in this thread though. He would hang out with the Beatles per Ringo Starr days! Yeah, they weren't big back then but they were the Beatles. Basically my dad's band (featured in the book, Mersybeat sound of the 60s) would support the Beatles when they played at the Cavern. For years I never really believed him until last year he showed me the book with is bands promotional shots in it!
              Last edited by Yakumo; 23-07-2015, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                Yes. His face when he sheepishly revealed to us that his missus used to date Hard Gay was priceless.
                Have been laughing for about 5 minutes solid at this

I'm gonna have to rack my brains for some particularly lame linkage - so good to see the thread still alive and kicking!

Comment

Surely this is the winner of the thread, close it now?!
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just saw the thread title on the main page and I'm laughing again.

This could last a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      I've seen various Japanese celebrity types but to me they are nothing more than factory generated fodder and that includes the likes of Arashi mentioned in the post above. Western wise, I met and mingled with the group, Space back in 1997. I also served and had a good chat with none other than Rik Mayall. It was fantastic as I had only just saw him the night before live at the Liverpool Empire doing Bottom Live 2. At the time he was buying classical music CD's in HMV.

My dad has the biggest one in this thread though. He would hang out with the Beatles per Ringo Starr days! Yeah, they weren't big back then but they were the Beatles. Basically my dad's band (featured in the book, Mersybeat sound of the 60s) would support the Beatles when they played at the Cavern. For years I never really believed him until last year he showed me the book with is bands promotional shots in it!
                      That's all great, but totally off topic. This is LAME to FAME, not Claim to Fame.

Comment

So far in 2015:

The guy who plays Steve McDonald in Coronation Street bought his son into my Paed's A&E ward.

Charles N'Zogbia (Villa player I think) scratched my dad's car while opening his door in a car park in Cheshire. He waited by the car for us to come back, insisted on giving us ?500 and gave us the name/number of the bodyshop he uses (my mum bought a fancy kitchen mixer and some pans with the money, my dad still has the scratch).

Plan B (the rapper/singer/guy in the Sweeney film) rang me looking for my friend's new number (they dated in the 00s).
                        Last edited by Pikate; 24-07-2015, 10:25.

Comment

May have told these years ago in this very thread but there are too many posts to check so:

Got chatting at the bar to someone dressed like Morrissey, at a Morrissey gig that turned out to be Morrissey.
                          Chesney Hawks accidentally bought one bottle of beer too many at a Sweet gig and gave the beer to me.
                          Sold a pack of 25 floppy disks to Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards.

EDIT: Changed ordering so that the lamest was last

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            That's all great, but totally off topic. This is LAME to FAME, not Claim to Fame.
                            Oh...... Stupid me. Guess I'm still lame then unless doing the voice over for a NEC corporate video is claim to fame?

Comment

Have you got any proper z list celebs you've almost met?

Comment

Peter Andre is my boyfriends cousin... or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X