No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Strachan used to coach our local under 15s side, he could never remember anyone's name so god knows how he manages with all the foreign players he's worked with since.

I used to deliver post to most of Leeds' players back in their days where they spent all that money trying to buy success. Lee Bowyer's curtains were closed all day in the aftermath of that court case. After the 98 World Cup I asked David Batty if he practised his penalties in the kids' net in his back garden. He took it quite well to be fair, wouldn't have blamed him if he'd knocked me out or something .

Comment

i think liz from ex atomic kittens wants my body, cos when i see her about she's always giving me that come hither look. Happens quite often, which is a bit scary cos i dont really like her. Maybe she thinks im stalking her or somat? Its so random and frequent that i see her, i feel as if ive known her for ages! but in fact i dont have a clue a bout her really. Bizzare!

Comment

My mate did one of the remixes on the B-Side to East-17' single 'Everybody In The House Of Love"...

My sister served Keith out of The Prodigy in the Chelmsford Habitat, she said his Mum was helping him choose furniture!

My friend Rachael pushed Jeremy Beadle over in a Wagamamas - she turned around as he was reaching for his coat, freaked out by his shrivelled hand she went into survival mode and attacked him

Comment

Attack of the crab hand!

Comment

A mate crashed a boat into Richard Branson's luxury boat and got invited on board for lunch.

Jimmy White and Alex Higgins crashed into my mates car (whilst we were inside having a cheeky hoon)) after a skinful down the Plough. Lunch and apologies chez White the next day.

Jimmy White vommed on my fellow barman in another pub a few years later.

Jimmy White (again) almost got run over by yours truly in Epsom a few years back too.

Spent a weekend on the chang with a reserve New Zealand fast bowler in about 98 (think his name was Andy Penn but I was so ****ed I couldn't be sure)

Served Michael Aspel and his lady friend a drink in another pub I worked in a few years back (about 95). Funny thing was we assumed it was his missus..until about a week later the story broke that he had a bit on the side..the same lady he had come into my pub with (hardly surprising he got caught was it)

Called Matthew Kelly a f***ing c*** at Thorpe Park a few years back when he was filming something.

And last but by no means least (for now) I get the same train to work every morning as the actress who played Mr Beans girlfriend all those years ago

Comment

My dad told media mogul and former Daily Mirror owner Robert Maxwell to go and "**** himself" in a heated debate/meeting/arguament!

He also had the chance to manage Oasis before they were big but didn't because he thought the name was ****!

Nice one dad !

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fantazmo
                He also had the chance to manage Oasis before they were big but didn't because he thought the name was ****!

Nice one dad !
                Harsh.

Reminds me though..an old hag who works for my dad is married to the chap that was in the Rolling Stones before they were called the Rolling Stones (drummer I think). He left, a year or so later the Stones are huge. Coincidence..perhaps not.

Comment

A family friend grew up in Livepool during the late 50s early 60s, and just happened to know some local wannabe muscians named Paul and John. Her mum even invited them round for lunch.

Comment

I once was on the same flight to America as former Gladiator and so called hard-man, Wolf.

And by sheer coincidence, he was on the same flight back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen_one666
                      I once was on the same flight to America as former Gladiator and so called hard-man, Wolf.

And by sheer coincidence, he was on the same flight back as well.
                      That wasn't the flight he was on with Panther (also from Gladiators) when on return after having got off the plane, he was walking through the airport and got sprung by Roger Cook, who quizzed him about selling Steriods to children?

Class.

On another Gladiator related note, I met Jet from the show who was opening a small carpet store in her hometown of Farnham in Surrey.

Comment

At the opening of a local record shop my mum got over-excited by the heady scent of fame and kissed Anita 'angie from eastenders' dobson who had come to do the celbrity opening of the shop.
                        Christian slater asked me about a painting when i was working in an art gallery in the early 90s when he was in london filming for interview with a vampire.
                        I used to go to the same school as David beckham and teddy sherringham.
                        Saw Brian harvey and Daniella westbrook in my local shopping centre.

Comment

My mum and dad's next door neighbour was a drummer in a band in the 60's that had a number one in Turkey!

This girl I used to know, knew this guy who fancied her, so she went out with him, but only because his uncle was Robert Smith of The Cure

When I went to see Cats as a kid with my family, all the kids, including me, got on stage at the interval to get Brian Blessed's big-hairy-cat-faced autograph - but for some reason, he didn't give me his autograph straight away - oh no! The beardy-weirdy git decided to embarass me in front of the entire audience by making me wait right until ALL the other kids had buggered off back to their seats, then gave me my autograph. And then the booming bastard told me that as I left the stage, that would mean the second part of the show could start. I've never forgiven him for that - although he was ace in Flash Gordon, so he can't be ALL bad !!!

I once met Vic Reeves at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells, Kent - but he was all drunk and twatty. But I also met Paul Weller there and he was a top geezer!

When I lived in Chicago about 18-19 years ago, I was at the same school that Bill Murray used to go to

I met Damon Albran at a private Blur gig at Goldsmiths in London

I met Richard Branson on a Virgin flight to the States years ago

Oh and finally, the cousin of the husband of a good friend of mine is the bass player in Coldplay!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by funkydan; 26-10-2005, 12:32.

Comment

Will Carling gazumped me a few months ago. Bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Widegoat
                              That wasn't the flight he was on with Panther (also from Gladiators) when on return after having got off the plane, he was walking through the airport and got sprung by Roger Cook, who quizzed him about selling Steriods to children?

Class.

On another Gladiator related note, I met Jet from the show who was opening a small carpet store in her hometown of Farnham in Surrey.
                              I have absolutely no idea.

To be honest, unlike some of my mates on the flight, I was completely under-awed by the whole thing.

Comment

I played a harmonica duet with Russell Crowe, from that Gladiator film.

Comment

Working...
                                X