No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the problem with Paq taking the blood tests if he has nothing to hide, why should it even be an issue if everything is above board.

Mayweather probably is just being an idiot as usual but again Paq could just take the test and the world would see he has nothing to hide, assuming he doesn't have anything to hide.
    Last edited by Ajay1986; 26-12-2009, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Did cross my mind, but why did Mayweather ever agree to the fight in the first place?

because his ego loves the idea of it but the other part of him has realised what he's actually signed up to ?

Comment

Mayweather via Twitter:

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass"

Click here for his full statement.

That should certainly spice things up and get Pacquaio in the mood to fight Mayweather.

Comment

I know fights always get billed up to be the biggest fight in boxing history, but this, should it go ahead, will actually be one of the biggest fights since Eubank V Benn!

Comment

Don't know how well known he is outside of Japan, but if you are in Japan, you will almost certainly have come across the hideous, obnoxious, over-hyped twats that are the Kameda family.

Seems the most obnoxious of the lot - the oldest brother, Koki (cocky littly **** he certainly is) finally got a much-needed humility lesson last night.

Challenger Pongsaklek Wonjongkam of Thailand has defeated Koki Kameda of Japan to win the WBC flyweight title. Pongsaklek was in control throughout the 12-round bout at Ariake Colosseum and punished the 23-year-old Kameda with a series of uppercuts. Two judges scored the bout 116-112 and 115-112 in favor of Pongsaklek,…

This makes me almost as happy as the OP seems to be in the What a Week thread.

Comment

Haye tonight. The undercard don't look that hot name-wise.

Will use PPV as I have sky these days. Anyone watching this...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                Haye tonight. The undercard don't look that hot name-wise.

Will use PPV as I have sky these days. Anyone watching this...
                I've ordered the PPV but won't be bothering with the undercard, it really is poor for a ppv event.

Shame RJJ vs Hopkins is not on uk tv tonight.

Comment

I passed on this, like my boxing but won't pay £15 for a lousy card and Ruiz rep was as a durable plodder so didn't set me on fire to buy

great result for Haye though as from the bbc news highlights looks like he did a good number on him

Comment

It was an entertaining fight and just what he needed after the boring Valuev match.

I was stupid enough to stay up and watch Jones v Hopkins which ended up being a real stinker.

Comment

Harrison just beat Michael Spott for the vacant European Title.
                      (I've missed an hours golf for this..was it worth it...

Harrison, never took control of this at-all, Sprott looked better and was ahead by at-least 3-4 going into the 12th.

1 Min into the 12th after a barrage of punishment from Sprott, Harrison catches him with a cracking left and knocked him clean out.

Post match interviews happening...

Comment

Was the Cruzierweight prizefighter last night. The main attraction was Herbie ****ing Hide lol.

3 good fights out of 7. A geordie with 8 Pro Fights (Dickenson) won the tournament. Who did look like a boxer.

Hide firm favourite.....Clash of heads in his first fight with a young Welsh lad...cut was bad...won the fight but then had to pull out.

Shame as the Dickenson Hide fight would of been a good final.

The wildcard who replaced Hide won his fight and got beat badly and fight stopped in a one sided boring final.

The big problem with this Prizefighter was Hide retiring after win.

Forget all that for now! its Floyd and Mosely around 2am...

The plan was..get tipsy last night..big sleep in this morning. Didnt happen.

Comment

So its official, Haye vs Harrison.

Got to say i'm dissapointed this fight is happening but part of me would like to see Haye KO Harrison.

Harrisons last fight against Sprott was pure luck that he came through it, i've become very dismayed by boxing lately and this match just shows why, its purely about money and nothing else.

I think its pretty clear Haye is avoiding the Klitschkos now, banking some money with meaningless fights and then will hope to cash out big win or lose.
                          Last edited by mikewl; 07-09-2010, 16:25.

Comment

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips...363454,00.html

Press Conference.

Comment

I think one of the Klitschkos (Wvladamir?) is in action on Saturday. A rematch from a 2005 fight...Have got it on remind...

Been bit busy with the Tennis and Snooker so haven't delved into this fight. (May have info wrong...)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                                I think one of the Klitschkos (Wvladamir?) is in action on Saturday. A rematch from a 2005 fight...Have got it on remind...

Been bit busy with the Tennis and Snooker so haven't delved into this fight. (May have info wrong...)
                                Thats the Wladimir vs Samuel Peter rematch, I watched the first fight and Wlad was dominant throughout apart from a few times he wen't down from what looked like rabbit punches.

Its going to be a boring one sided win for Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                                X